Author Topic: LOOK AT THIS, TSB HAS ARRIVED.  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
LOOK AT THIS, TSB HAS ARRIVED.
« on: January 12, 2024, 11:09:50 AM »
This was posted on FB and sent to one of these people in this group of screen print info sources with TSB. being one of them...and they posted that.
It doesn't say our name...but we know.  LOL.

It's nice to be recognized as a go to.

Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline OhNoPrinting

• Verified/Junior
  • I’m new here, be gentle. :) Lets help each other out!
Re: LOOK AT THIS, TSB HAS ARRIVED.
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2024, 03:59:32 AM »
:-)

Ohh Noo... my creation escaped before I was ready.

Thats my second CMYK print, a kind of hommage to the youtubers of my (!) screen printing journey. (obliviously i included the TSB Logo, after taking over the Newbie-Section with all my questions, but was too afraid to include the small type :-))

So the plan was, to ask for permission of the dudes and dudettes to use their image first and then have a write-up here, about what i learned or diddnt. In a couple of days I will post more pics... (and who these superstars are :-))

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2024, 03:32:58 PM »
I LOVE IT!  Speaking for myself, I was so honored for us to be included.  Thank you!.

For Critiquing, this is very cool There are some areas that (looking back) and Monday morning quaterbacking, Usually it's the reds (magenta) that is overpowering by having too much. Here, yea, it's a little more heavier than the original. Could show more yellow. That can be just more of a vertical angle, and a faster stroke. BLACK is always hardest to control but you did well on that.  Then Cyan seems like it could have been more...but if you had less red, it might show up better than expected.  It's always a balancing act.

Overall,  It's pretty darned good and if we didn't have the original side by side, we'd be saying "Looks fantastic!"
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline OhNoPrinting

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2024, 04:22:52 PM »

You are totally right with the magenta and the weak Cyan. I will now play around with the squeegee to see what will influence what (like speed, pressure) and I thought maybe to change the print order from ymck to ycmk or even myck.. -> thats the fun in fun projects, I can try stuff out :-)

I also posted more pictures and details in my other post.

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 07:40:00 PM »

You are totally right with the magenta and the weak Cyan. I will now play around with the squeegee to see what will influence what (like speed, pressure) and I thought maybe to change the print order from ymck to ycmk or even myck.. -> thats the fun in fun projects, I can try stuff out :-)

I also posted more pictures and details in my other post.
Let me just quickly derail this thread and ask you where in Deutschland you are based. And you probably can guess already that I`m from Deutschland too (HH), but I run my shop in Osaka/JAPAN.

Offline OhNoPrinting

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2024, 08:49:25 AM »
thats so cool, i visited Japan in 2005 for a full month and still dream about it from time to time :-)

yeah, Hamburg is my hometown, but when the kids are out of the house, we are gonna move to where the sun is  8)

Lebst du komplett in Japan oder pendelst zwischen Hamburg und Osaka?

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2024, 07:28:22 PM »
thats so cool, i visited Japan in 2005 for a full month and still dream about it from time to time :-)

yeah, Hamburg is my hometown, but when the kids are out of the house, we are gonna move to where the sun is  8)

Lebst du komplett in Japan oder pendelst zwischen Hamburg und Osaka?
Oh was für eine Überraschung. Ich lebe seit 2005 in Osaka, kein Pendeln. Davor was ich in London für 10 Jahre, dort hab ich such mit dem Siebdruck angefangen. Wo aus Hamburg? Ich hab in der Wendenstraße gewohnt und Altona.