Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 554628 times)

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2011, 11:41:27 PM »
Sorry for the bad pic. Heres one we were working on before going home for the day. Started as seven color going on ash. I added a darker blue for the flag before deciding to call it a day. I will take another pic when we run it.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 11:44:00 PM by Inkwerks »
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2011, 07:15:05 AM »
[ rough picture using phone (smart phone ha)
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 07:17:06 AM by sportsshoppe »

Online blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2011, 10:52:07 AM »
YIIIEEEEPIEEEE!

that came out nice! First simulated process, right?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2011, 01:08:33 PM »
To that extent Pierre, I had some problems with the black leaving lines and with Killer's help I then burnt the white on a 230 and had to send it around twice. Long print but I am satisfied.... The first time I really needed the 8 head machine, could have had a highlight white and not had the problems. I have several more to upload but no time right now. Thanks for your input and help......But yes I can say this is my first Simulated Process.... Got some work to do but really like printing it better than 4CP, lot more forgiving and brighter colors.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2011, 02:26:21 PM »
All looks good.  Nice to see the action on showing samples. I see some people are using the tried and true 230 base and 300 top colors at 22.5 degrees.  Seems to be a common working thing.

Donnie, the snake skin texture on the wording is awesome. Great idea.

sportsshoppe Not bad at all. What are those vertical lines?  Is that in the print?  Maybe it came out that way in the films?

Inkworks, Looking great. ;)

Dot-Tone,  your looking great too.  ?   Oh. sorry.  Thats me.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2011, 03:13:30 PM »
Dan since I only have 6 heads I started with a 160 mesh for the white and with that I was having a problem with the black reaching the bottom of the build up... I overcame that with changing my white screen to a 230 which put a little less ink and after a little work I got good opacity. It was a nightmare to start with but with a little help from my friends I got through it.. I really like the look but I really don't want to fight that white again..:( could cause me to revert back to my ole days. I will post a finished product soon, we are putting the left chest on as I type.

Offline Clark

« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2011, 08:56:26 PM »
Couple of retail jobs from today.

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2011, 09:19:43 PM »

This last one is my (new to me) band. This is a re-make of the raglan 3/4 sleeve jersey the band sold on it's 1994 tour. The original art and films were lost so I re-created it bit by bit from NASA archive photos and old and new pictures of the bands gear.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2011, 09:22:08 PM »
One color prints with neck tag print and American Apparel tag removal: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSv5Ld71viI[/youtube]

Here's the print links: http://www.looseleafapparel.com/
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2011, 11:09:51 AM »
Little 6 color we did yesterday, on sand.  The second pic on the darker shirt is just a sample print that I'll keep for our print portfolio.  This one was printed with maxo/extra opaque inks through 175's, 195's and one 230 (black), all one stroke.  Print order was yellow, green, flash, dark brown, red, flash, light brown and black.

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Mr Tees!!

What have you printed lately?
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2011, 12:08:47 PM »
...heres one I did last week, 500 pcs stonewash blue. the customer, who designed this in Illy, was warned that such a blue-themed design may not lend itself to a blue shirt. I hafta admit I was wrong, they came out quite nice.
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Online blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2011, 12:10:05 PM »
looks pretty nice!

DOn't   you know that the customer is always right?

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Mr Tees!!

« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2011, 12:36:35 PM »
...tell that to the customer I am going rounds with right now, that just sent me a vector file as requested (.ai) that just has the jpeg inserted in it... >:(

...so shall i forward them your number?... ;D
Thanks TSB gang!!

...Sean, Mr Tees!!!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2011, 03:23:38 PM »
ust sent me a vector file as requested (.ai) that just has the jpeg inserted in it..

That is such a dick move.  But folks just don't know better I guess.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: May 05, 2011, 03:24:16 PM »
"mixing stick"?  alrighty then.