Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 554590 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #3090 on: May 24, 2018, 12:01:48 PM »
Looks great Zoo,  love that one.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3091 on: May 24, 2018, 01:16:38 PM »
Yeah nice Chris...... Anyone that is doing any sort of process work with WB inks I give mad props to. We are slowly converting everything we print to WB here so I've been doing some development on high end WB process printing lately..... My findings are if you want the dots to "go away" with WB you need to be at minimum 81 LPI........  55-65 lpi IMO is almost the same visual results, I didn't start seeing any noticeable changes until above 73 lpi

Really nice work on that, dont you wish every garment would discharge LOL
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3092 on: May 24, 2018, 02:24:37 PM »
Same conclusion here, you need to make a big lpi jump.   No perceivable difference from 55-65lpi.   

I feel the way we are running these prints is actually easier/smoother than plastisol at this point.

Offline Pangea

• !!!
  • Jack of all trades, master of none.
« Reply #3093 on: May 24, 2018, 06:08:11 PM »
Here's my first try at four color process.
Printed manually with water based inks, 305 mesh @ 55LPI. I'm hoping to upgrade from my ancient Atlas 4 color to a more modern 6 color and play around with discharge under basing soon.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3094 on: May 25, 2018, 07:58:44 AM »
Yeah nice Chris...... Anyone that is doing any sort of process work with WB inks I give mad props to. We are slowly converting everything we print to WB here so I've been doing some development on high end WB process printing lately..... My findings are if you want the dots to "go away" with WB you need to be at minimum 81 LPI........  55-65 lpi IMO is almost the same visual results, I didn't start seeing any noticeable changes until above 73 lpi

Yes. Yes I do. Just finished up formulas for cyan, magenta, yellow wb/dc inks yesterday in fact. RS Cyan and BS Cyan. YS Magenta and BS Magenta. Dan and I talked about developing a sample image and halftone grids to get relatively scientific results

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #3095 on: May 25, 2018, 08:35:51 AM »

Yes. Yes I do. Just finished up formulas for cyan, magenta, yellow wb/dc inks yesterday in fact. RS Cyan and BS Cyan. YS Magenta and BS Magenta. Dan and I talked about developing a sample image and halftone grids to get relatively scientific results

I love this level of understanding and pushing of seps/printing!
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #3096 on: May 25, 2018, 09:36:47 AM »
Here's my first try at four color process.
Printed manually with water based inks, 305 mesh @ 55LPI. I'm hoping to upgrade from my ancient Atlas 4 color to a more modern 6 color and play around with discharge under basing soon.

Congrats! I love process printing - wish I could do more of it. It has it's quirks & limitations to be sure, but I still get a bit of the kid-like "whoa, that's cool" feeling as the inks stack & full color emerges. I like your design, too. Should get attention for your shop!
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3097 on: May 25, 2018, 08:28:46 PM »
Great job Pangea!   Looks good, especially on a manual.   It s jobs like this that drive us forward.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3098 on: June 14, 2018, 11:06:20 PM »
10 Clr Dino.
Discharge base white. Inks, screens, Production overseen by TonyP and Will Booth.230 discharge base. 305's and 355's on top colors.

Offline redwoodtees

« Reply #3099 on: June 15, 2018, 01:28:08 AM »
10 Clr Dino.
Discharge base white. Inks, screens, Production overseen by TonyP and Will Booth.230 discharge base. 305's and 355's on top colors.
Wow. Amazing.

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3100 on: June 16, 2018, 09:07:12 AM »
Really Nice!  I Love the detail.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline StinkyDaddy

« Reply #3101 on: June 30, 2018, 09:59:51 AM »
Customer art, seps by Dan.
I had no idea you could do something like this with no flash. Dan saved me a ton of time.
Here's a vid.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=egUiW2fPA7g&feature=youtu.be

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3102 on: June 30, 2018, 10:22:21 AM »
Nice!  What inks did you use?
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline StinkyDaddy

« Reply #3103 on: June 30, 2018, 12:47:43 PM »
Epic Rio for the colors and Quick White.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3104 on: June 30, 2018, 02:02:00 PM »
StinkDaddy,
The way you did the pictures makes for a great example! This is the epitome of a great print result using sim process on a dark tees, on manual press, using primary colors + base and top white.
Limited color, challenging parameters with great results.
I love that the eagle claw nails did come out with that /blue/grey look with a slight greenish tinge.
Very nice work!

With only flashing the base mind ya. ;)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2018, 02:04:27 PM by Dottonedan »