Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 554523 times)

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2011, 08:13:46 PM »
how about adding some of these to the gallery?

You mean the Home Page Gallery. This section, or Board is titled Gallery as well.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #61 on: June 17, 2011, 04:57:29 PM »
Good point. We should consider changing the name to exclude galley here in here screen printing topics.     One gallery, One nation, life, liberty and the persuit of playing nicely. :)
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #62 on: June 24, 2011, 02:09:30 PM »
Something we did today, yellow, magenta, cyan, black, and a little highlight white to top it off.  It's not an exact duplication of the printout of the original artwork that is beside the shirt, but the customer came in for a press proof and said he loved them the way they were and to run them.  We literally didn't tweak anything.  I told the customer we hadn't really played with the print parameters any and that we could probably get it a bit closer to the original, but he wanted the shirts the way they were.  I did tweak it a bit while running to help reduce some of the gain and back off on the pressure as the inks got worked in.  We have another tough one this afternoon for the same customer but it's on black.  Hopefully it will go as smoothly and I'll post pics of that one when we're done with it.

Alright, finally have a chance to give a few details.  I'll get Steve to give any of the relevant art details as I don't know jack about that stuff, only the print parameters.  All colors printed with smiling jack blades, sharp edge, hard flood, one stroke, 80 degree angle, sefar 1500 mesh, 305's at 28 newtons, 230 at 30 newtons, off contact=low.
Printhead 5) Yellow, 305 12"/sec print speed
6) Magenta, 305 16"/sec
8) Cyan, 305 12"/sec
9) Black 305 12"/sec
10) White 230 10"/sec
That's all that I can think of.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 10:07:48 PM by alan802 »
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline steve

« Reply #63 on: June 24, 2011, 02:21:08 PM »

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #64 on: June 24, 2011, 02:28:32 PM »

Steve ^ is responsible for most of this print, he's our artist.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #65 on: June 24, 2011, 02:37:53 PM »
Great art Steve!

Nice print Alan! Details, we want details!!!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline prozyan

« Reply #66 on: June 24, 2011, 03:36:02 PM »
Being right next door to Roswell, I can only say I wish the scenery looked half that good around here.

Great job!
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #67 on: June 24, 2011, 04:46:41 PM »
Details coming, but I'm elbow deep into a tough one right now!  In the words of the great Joe Namath..."Sta-rug-aling".  Takes a drunk man to turn a 2 syllable word into a four.

Offline squeegee

« Reply #68 on: June 24, 2011, 07:14:30 PM »
This was done from an X-ray of the either the original Armstrong or Aldrin Apollo moon mission spacesuit, I'm not sure which.  It's 5 color sim process.

Offline Clark

« Reply #69 on: June 27, 2011, 12:07:13 PM »
One we are running this morning.

White 272N
Flash
Yellow 305N
Red 305N
White 305N
Black 330

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 02:23:04 PM by Clark »

Offline Clark

« Reply #70 on: June 29, 2011, 12:55:58 PM »
Here's another one from today.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #71 on: June 29, 2011, 01:36:45 PM »
Well played sir!

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #72 on: June 29, 2011, 01:41:35 PM »
Very nice Clark. Well done. Care to spill the beens on the setup?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Clark

« Reply #73 on: June 29, 2011, 01:50:05 PM »
Thanks guys!

This was 7 colors.  White, Flash, Green, Tan, Rhodamine Red, Blue, White, Black.

White was a based down quick white. Colors were all MX with 10% soft hand, and process black.

Base 272N
Colors 305N
Black 330
Highlight 305N

Printed at 55lpi at 22.5.

This was printed for the Banditos Motorcycle Club as seen on Gangland.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2011, 01:53:44 PM by Clark »

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #74 on: June 29, 2011, 02:52:43 PM »
What would you do if they didn't pay?

I know what I'd do...not a damn thing!  Those are some hard guys.

Another fine print by they way.  How did the 272N do for the underbase?  Were you able to clear the stencil with one stroke?