Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 554624 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1260 on: April 21, 2014, 01:24:19 PM »
Very nice guys, yes the poster and the print are dead on, I wish every time we got a customer that wanted a match they would pay for it instead they freak at the price and say just do it close.  Again my hats off to you guys nice work!!!!!!!

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1261 on: April 21, 2014, 06:48:56 PM »
The first, 600th, and 1100th prints of this run.

Not one micro was touched from putting the screens on press to the final print.  We did one test print, changed out the red to a better one, then ran it.  7 color sim process.  Base, flash, flesh tone 1, flesh tone 2, 185 red, 102 yellow, black, top white.  You can see some detail loss from the test print to the last shirt but we were on a bit of time crunch on this one and literally didn't have a minute to spare.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline T Shirt Farmer

« Reply #1262 on: April 21, 2014, 07:50:54 PM »
Nice work Alan
Robert
allpremiums.com
Your Source for Decorated Apparel.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1263 on: April 21, 2014, 08:03:57 PM »
Another racing job that we printed today..... Attached is a white shirt and black shirt as we had to print multiple colored shirts with this design. This is 7 colors plus 2 whites on this one..... The artwork was only intended to go on black shirts, and last minute client wanted it on other colors as well so it was a bit challenging..... This is the same seps/screens for white and black shirt color below

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1264 on: April 21, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »
ok Danny, its getting depressing!  You are that good!
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1265 on: April 21, 2014, 11:02:51 PM »
Ain't even gonna talk about Danny ::)  Alan that's very nice, black people are hard to nail down and get colors correct but you did a great job...Ok danny another killer print. 8)

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #1266 on: April 22, 2014, 12:14:13 AM »
The poster was an artist named Marq Spusta, he does some cool stuff its always fun doing his art. The girl I can't remember the name of the artist right now.

Alan that print looked great, looks to have held up over a good run. Flesh tones w/ fire & flair can be tough. If I'm looking at it correct the darker red you went with gave it a richer contrast, great work.

Danny it looks like the white shirts came out great too. You've got to love last minute shirt color add-ons ( what do you mean it won't look the same on royal blue or white as it does on the black it was designed for ) looks like it had the same impact though.
 As always stellar work.

Murphy37
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 12:28:08 AM by Underbase37 »

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1267 on: April 22, 2014, 09:24:09 AM »
Well Big Daddy Printmaster Danny very nice prints as usual.  Alan those prints are killer you give me something to strive for.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1268 on: April 22, 2014, 10:05:56 AM »
Nice print Alan.

Danny of course your print is great as well. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1269 on: April 23, 2014, 03:56:51 PM »
Trying to duplicate a painting with this 8 color job.

STRIKE ONE!!!  Gonna adjust the green screen, try a different blue ink, adjust a few other things like print speed and squeegee blades and try it again.  The more I look at it the more I pick it apart and I keep finding more and more things wrong.  Customer isn't expecting an exact copy but I am trying to get it there without spending all day on it.  Hopefully we won't have strike two.

1st test print:

Painting:

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1270 on: April 23, 2014, 04:02:07 PM »
Sent the seps out on this one.  Scott form Myseps sepped these for us. 

Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #1271 on: April 23, 2014, 04:05:15 PM »
Great first try Alan. If I were going for perfection I would use two blues for the sky

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #1272 on: April 23, 2014, 04:40:30 PM »
Pretty impressive first try for sure.  The sky does look like two blues, and the green is the most glaring issue I think.  The red lower down on the image looks much darker on your print than in the painting as well.  Otherwise very nice!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1273 on: April 23, 2014, 06:49:59 PM »
Some nice looking prints guys! Always like seeing what people are working on..... This is a job we ran this morning(this was my test print so it's slightly out of registration as this is where it tri locked in and a couple colors needed to move slightly)....... We ran a really similar print to this last year but changed the color of car, shirt color, etc for this years t-shirt. This was 7 color plus two whites for a total of 9.... All printed on 272 mesh, double stroke the underbase and everything else is 1 stroke wet on wet.... Just 1 flash

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1274 on: April 23, 2014, 06:55:41 PM »
Great first try Alan. If I were going for perfection I would use two blues for the sky

We did :).  There's a turquoise in there.  I did swap the blue out and the changes to the green film made a difference.  Also had to back off the black a lot.  Ended up printing the black at 30"/sec and very little pressure, about 25psi through a 280.  I'm still not sold on it as it is.  I want to get the orange that's in the painting to show more on the shirt and there are a few little things bothering me about it.  So STRIKE TWO.