Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 556947 times)

Offline Rocfrog

Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #1380 on: July 11, 2014, 02:45:17 PM »
i love this post so much! that oklahoma print is awesome!

Rocfrog. That half tone in the metal on nice & clean.

i love this post so much! that oklahoma print is awesome!

X2

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Nick

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #1381 on: July 11, 2014, 04:06:27 PM »
Disorder. You always have great textures, that leather look is nice.

Thanks!

Brandt, what kind of LPI and screen mesh are you running?  Those halftones look amazing.

Thank you! 230 screens, 60lpi

Drop the line screen down to 55 and it will look even better (in some tiny areas).

You're gonna say, "We already do great prints".  Yes, they look great. But they can be better if you hold the tiniest dots also.  You can't see it in prints...as we have nothing to visually compare to, so they look great...but if you compare the printed results (printed color to film) on the seps, you will find that you are losing your smaller dots (on press). That has to do with the fact that (even using S thread), your smallest printable dot you have (should be covering 2 mesh threads and one opening) as a gauge.  S thread helps this because of the more open area...but only decreases the number of blocked dots...It does not eliminate the chance, and still blocks dots somewhere because the smaller dots on a 60lpi are just too small for the 230 to hold them (or not block them).  55 gives you a slightly bigger dot, increasing your changes a little more of not having those 4% and under dots from getting blocked out. THe visual differences between 60 and 55 are non-consequential.

All in all, still looks great, just not (best it can be). You of course don't have to do squat. LOL.

Ill let Shelly know your thoughts on it. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1382 on: July 14, 2014, 05:20:10 PM »
Haven't posted much to this lately, I told myself since Pierre prints at least a sim process job a day or so that I should wait for him to start posting before I post more  ;)

Anywho, this is a print we just ran today... 8 colors total on this with 2 whites and a black(we are printing charcoal shirts as well) so a good amount of grey tones in the design. Nothing really crazy about this but I thought it was pretty cool how the metal looking emblem on the top of the design really has a lot of depth to it. A guy was just walking through my shop and I saw him reach out and try to grab it lol. This was printed double stroke underbase, single stroke everything else wet on wet

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1383 on: July 14, 2014, 07:09:59 PM »
Danny,  man that print is cool all around.  That 3d look with the lettering is what's up.  Hopefully, I'll have a couple to post at the end of this week.  One is a pocket emblem sim process so I'm kind of nervous about that one.  I'm still not sure what lpi to use on such a small print to hold the details.
It's not a job if you love doing it.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1384 on: July 14, 2014, 07:39:39 PM »
Danny,  man that print is cool all around.  That 3d look with the lettering is what's up.  Hopefully, I'll have a couple to post at the end of this week.  One is a pocket emblem sim process so I'm kind of nervous about that one.  I'm still not sure what lpi to use on such a small print to hold the details.

Thanks Doug, my suggestion would be 60 lpi on the chest logo. We typically print 55 lpi on full size and 60/65 on left chest size logos..... Hows the dts working out for you? Hope all is well
Danny Gruninger

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1385 on: July 14, 2014, 08:32:29 PM »
I appreciate the advice.  Man Ole Man I love the dts.  I never knew my job could get so easy.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1386 on: July 18, 2014, 05:48:13 PM »
Here's a print we are running on press right now..... Scott did these seps and they came out badass...... Not many colors here in this design, just blending the red/yellow, etc. I'll dig through my pics as I'm sure I have a ton from this week I can post.

Danny Gruninger

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #1387 on: July 23, 2014, 08:26:19 PM »
Dialed this one in this afternoon.

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #1388 on: July 23, 2014, 08:30:18 PM »
Another pic.  6 colors all on 305-330s mesh on comfort colors

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #1389 on: July 24, 2014, 09:11:09 AM »
HEY YOU GUYS!!!

Haven't done a truffle shuffle in quite some time.  A great movie from my childhood.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Underbase37

« Reply #1390 on: July 24, 2014, 09:18:05 AM »
One of the best. I loved seeing this shirt.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1391 on: July 29, 2014, 05:25:31 PM »
Have a ton of stuff to post but no time to post it seems...... Had to fire a guy this week so I've been washing screens/reclaiming every frickin day. Anyways, here's one we printed recently, 8 colors on this one going on a couple variations of shirt colors. 1 revolution, double stroke base(225s) and single the colors.... Thought it came out sweet and reminded me of our buddy lemmoris on here so figured I'd share.

Danny Gruninger

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1392 on: July 31, 2014, 05:53:34 PM »
Here's a few that we printed today so far..... The truck fest is 5 colors on that one, pretty straight forward but really pops off the shirt with the print we are doing on it...... The google maps one was 7 colors and ran really nice, 1 revolution around the press w/ 2 flashes. The help matters shirt was 7 colors as well on that sim process, 1 revolution. All my prints double stroke the underbase and single everything else.... What is everyone else printing, start posting!

Danny Gruninger

Offline Doug S

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1393 on: July 31, 2014, 07:29:29 PM »
Danny all of your prints are off the chart.  I just wish I had a call for more of that type of work.  Mostly spot jobs here and maybe 6 sim process jobs a year.

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #1394 on: July 31, 2014, 08:00:23 PM »
Thanks Doug! Don't feel too bad we print our share of spot and really boring stuff too, I just don't bother posting that stuff LOL. Just for grins I went and looked just this week and last week we've printed 27 simulated process jobs....  :o...... We've imaged over 1200 screens in the last 2 weeks #iimagestekicksass

Danny Gruninger