Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 554764 times)

Offline LoneWolf2

Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #2910 on: July 25, 2017, 10:39:59 PM »
Fun one from today
[img]http://i.imgur.com/dSOxcWN.jpg[img]

love the car. was there a base under the black in the background city or did you drop it out. VERY NICE MAN.

I believe there was a base on parts, but there was also a grey used in the job as well.

Offline Jay Kay

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2911 on: July 27, 2017, 08:48:37 PM »
Love doing racing prints. This one is on the simpler side, especially since the customer wanted the same thing on the front minus the sponsors. Tape off and go, can't beat that with a stick. Tomorrow or early next week we do the design with the sprint car. Looking forward to that one.

Offline domineight

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2912 on: July 28, 2017, 02:42:34 AM »
Love doing racing prints. This one is on the simpler side, especially since the customer wanted the same thing on the front minus the sponsors. Tape off and go, can't beat that with a stick. Tomorrow or early next week we do the design with the sprint car. Looking forward to that one.

Oddly, I just finished XXL oversized transfers for a TQ / Midget. I did it more to see if I could do it, turns out I can. Didn't come out terrible, some slight miss-rego that annoyed me but my own fault for leaving it till the last minute. 9 colours, 640X480mm sheet size.

Offline Jay Kay

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2913 on: July 29, 2017, 02:19:17 PM »
And here we have the stock car version for the second design.

Offline Squeegie

• !!!
« Reply #2914 on: August 01, 2017, 12:14:46 PM »
Good looking stuff!
I have a question on the transfer image.  There is a very distinct section of "dirt" in yellow around/behind the front tire.  In the picture of the mounted transfer, the yellow "dirt" is gone.

On your stock car print, the "dirt" area is a red/orange color and is clearly visible in the final print.
Was the order of print incorrect on your transfers so that it was blocked out by what was to be an under print of some other color?

As stated, good looking stuff, just something I noticed.

Offline zanegun08

« Reply #2915 on: August 01, 2017, 12:37:35 PM »

Oddly, I just finished XXL oversized transfers for a TQ / Midget. I did it more to see if I could do it, turns out I can. Didn't come out terrible, some slight miss-rego that annoyed me but my own fault for leaving it till the last minute. 9 colours, 640X480mm sheet size.

Where are you getting that translucent transfer paper?  Due to your measurements I'm assuming a European vendor?

Anybody know where I can get transfer paper like that?

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #2916 on: August 02, 2017, 06:46:36 PM »
Just sent this one out the door.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2917 on: August 02, 2017, 07:36:51 PM »
That should nice Linewolf. Very nice work.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #2918 on: August 02, 2017, 09:18:21 PM »
Thanks dan!

Offline domineight

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2919 on: August 03, 2017, 03:10:38 AM »
Good looking stuff!
I have a question on the transfer image.  There is a very distinct section of "dirt" in yellow around/behind the front tire.  In the picture of the mounted transfer, the yellow "dirt" is gone.

On your stock car print, the "dirt" area is a red/orange color and is clearly visible in the final print.
Was the order of print incorrect on your transfers so that it was blocked out by what was to be an under print of some other color?

As stated, good looking stuff, just something I noticed.

The actual art had quite a yellow looking tyre. I was a bit cautious of replicating it in fear of getting it wrong so I printed the yellow behind the brown in the hope that it would bring my dark brown back a little. It worked.

My finished transfer was a decent likeness, and I was happy with the tyres although they were darker than the art. I figured brown dirt was better than yellow dirt.

Edit*
Yes I see what you were referring too. I chickened out of trying to modify the darker brown by printing yellow behind it, and decided to just throw a lighter brown pass into it. I'd already sepped the yellow and the whole thing was doing my head in, so I just let the yellow print knowing it was behind everything. The only real mistake I made was getting lost in the spot grey, some of it ended up butt rego and it showed, a reasonably forgiving error though with the print being so busy, messy, and detailed. You see it around the large "1" bottom left.

It was a very complex vector file too. Some stunning work by a local guy and easily the most detailed vector illustration I'd ever pulled apart. I could have easily added another 5-6 colours into my image from the file but I figured 9 colours and a printable adhesive was enough.

I get the transfer media from China. Message me and I'll hook you up with a contact.
I've been using it for years and it's very very good, nice and stable. You'll almost never use paper again when you switch to PET. I buy a bit though, and sea freight it. It's reasonably heavy at 100uM so air freight cost will give you a bit of a fright. Well worth the cost for samples though.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 10:46:57 AM by domineight »

Offline Squeegie

• !!!
« Reply #2920 on: August 03, 2017, 12:59:57 PM »
Thanks for the clarification.
Again, nice work! Good looking stuff.

Edit: I just realized that the two images I was comparing were not posted by the same person...oops.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2017, 01:03:57 PM by Squeegie »

Offline Jay Kay

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2921 on: August 03, 2017, 09:42:06 PM »
Thanks for the clarification.
Again, nice work! Good looking stuff.

Edit: I just realized that the two images I was comparing were not posted by the same person...oops.

Yep, the DHR with the orange tires, is a 7 color direct screen print to shirt, not a transfer. I see how that could be confusing in the thread.

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #2922 on: August 07, 2017, 07:06:02 PM »
More drag car stuff.
8-col

Offline Prince Art

« Reply #2923 on: August 07, 2017, 11:01:26 PM »
Nice!
Nice guys laugh last.

Offline LoneWolf2