Author Topic: What have you printed lately?  (Read 556918 times)

Offline SERJ

Re: What have you printed lately?
« Reply #2970 on: November 23, 2017, 02:25:38 PM »
I like Motorhead

Offline LoneWolf2

« Reply #2971 on: November 28, 2017, 08:39:09 PM »
Nice 7-color today on some weird poly/cotton tees i've never heard of.

Offline Croft

« Reply #2972 on: November 30, 2017, 09:08:38 AM »
I like Motorhead

I was always a fan but became more of a fan after watching the documanetary on him.

Offline SERJ

« Reply #2973 on: December 20, 2017, 01:25:03 AM »
Water based

Offline PixelPimp

• Verified/Junior
  • putting pixels to work since 1984
« Reply #2974 on: December 20, 2017, 12:13:02 PM »
Water based

nice and clean! what are the details, how many screens? is this with Virus inks?

Offline PixelPimp

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2975 on: December 20, 2017, 12:15:58 PM »
index sep, 14 color print, 305 hd mesh with Crystalline gel effect.
print looks good but could be allot better, there's a loss of detail and excess dot gain on some colors. underbase could have been printed stronger giving a cleaner brighter print (i see fabric texture coming through)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2017, 12:19:22 PM by PixelPimp »

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2976 on: December 20, 2017, 12:52:13 PM »
index over a halftoned underbase?

What resolution for index, what lpi and how small was the design?

Looks decent for a mass production shop...
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline PixelPimp

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2977 on: December 20, 2017, 03:09:31 PM »
index over a halftoned underbase?

What resolution for index, what lpi and how small was the design?

Looks decent for a mass production shop...

underbase is 55lpi on 280 mesh (260 may have been better for this dark shirt)

the index is only 180ppi, i would like to move up to 200ppi at least in the new year.

the design was ~9x10.5

and i was mistaken, it's 15 screens with the crystalline. we only flash the underbase, everything else is wet on wet even the crystalline.

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #2978 on: December 20, 2017, 04:00:25 PM »
If you can talk your shop into handling thin thread mesh, get in some 225S mesh.  We hold 60/65 lpi all day long and its possible to have a much brighter base than standard 230 mesh.  If you want to keep to 55 lpi, you can even go as low as 180s Mesh!

Thin thread will also allow you to hold higher dpi index prints as well.

This also assumes you have a screen room with equipment and employees who can work with higher standards :)
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2979 on: December 20, 2017, 10:14:51 PM »
Colin, so I understand:

Are most of your underbase prints done at 60/65 using 225S? 

I know I'm not in the same league as most you guys, but my underbase prints are usually 45 lpi on 168 mesh for sim processes.

I have some 180S in the box but just getting started with S mesh.  What suggestions would you have for better underbase prints, Colin?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #2980 on: December 20, 2017, 11:18:25 PM »
I'm typically using something as light as I can on a base. For sim process, People typically use your top white for getting the bright whites (over topof your base) that typically is semi whiteish and shirt color. The base really only needs to support the colors and make use of fading more softly to the shirt and allowing some shirt show thu in some areas. For me, I like a 230 mesh on base and 305's on top colors.  In some unique situations, I've used a 305 as a base.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2981 on: December 20, 2017, 11:49:52 PM »
I'm typically using something as light as I can on a base. For sim process, People typically use your top white for getting the bright whites (over topof your base) that typically is semi whiteish and shirt color. The base really only needs to support the colors and make use of fading more softly to the shirt and allowing some shirt show thu in some areas. For me, I like a 230 mesh on base and 305's on top colors.  In some unique situations, I've used a 305 as a base.

Okay, I can easily move up to 230 for base.  What lpi are you running on 230?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline SERJ

« Reply #2982 on: December 21, 2017, 01:50:46 AM »
Water based

nice and clean! what are the details, how many screens? is this with Virus inks?
55Lpi,5 colors, Magna inks

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2983 on: December 21, 2017, 10:26:58 AM »
The base really only needs to support the colors and make use of fading more softly to the shirt and allowing some shirt show thu in some areas.

Dan, I've done what you your talking about because it makes printing wet on wet easy, but what I've notice on some stuff my base needs to be thicker to brighten up the top color.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Squeegie

• !!!
« Reply #2984 on: December 21, 2017, 12:59:26 PM »
Dan, I've done what you your talking about because it makes printing wet on wet easy, but what I've notice on some stuff my base needs to be thicker to brighten up the top color.

I print 95% of my sim bases on 230 and a few on 305. I am transitioning to the "S" mesh and have been getting much smoother and slightly heavier base prints. For those jobs that I need even more base...I double hit it.  I only have a six color auto, so on many jobs I can only print one white.  There is a fine line between a nice base for the top colors and enough white to support the image in those areas of just white.