Poll

What is your max # of colors and press type?

1 color manual
0 (0%)
4 color manual
1 (2.2%)
6 color manual
11 (23.9%)
8 color manual
5 (10.9%)
6 color AUTO
7 (15.2%)
8 color AUTO
12 (26.1%)
10 color AUTO
6 (13%)
12 color  AUTO
2 (4.3%)
14 color AUTO
0 (0%)
ABOVE 14 auto
2 (4.3%)

Total Members Voted: 46

Author Topic: Press type and color count  (Read 9758 times)

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Press type and color count
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2011, 01:04:55 PM »
MHM are awesome machines. Zero deflection on those boards. Anatols beefier machines like the Vindicator same thing. Tech support and parts not so good for MHM. That said they rarely need maintenance. But as I alluded to earlier this is not about a machine purchase.
I'll  send you a PM

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2011, 02:13:03 PM »
I am not 100% sure about this (maybe Gavin could help) but I think with the new ownership of MHM the tech support call center is done by a new company. I have had no problems talking to a tech or getting parts. Parts are cheap and almost everything you can do yourself with tech help over the phone. (except resetting all the registration blocks after a previous owner moved them.)

Offline DraginInk

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2011, 04:55:39 PM »
10/12 TAS 205 RA
8/8 Antec Legend

Sounds like you're acquiring a shop, Tony.... anybody we know?

Here we go ...again

Offline Nation03

• Gonzo Member
  • The Dude abides.
« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2011, 06:50:28 PM »
Currently printing on a 6/6 Antec Legend and a 6/4 Riley Hopkins Win Series.

I aspire to own a Tas Hawk Compact, MHM E-Type or an RPM in the future. But I'll settle for a Titan at this point lol.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2011, 06:56:26 PM »
Looks like I win with oldest machine....lol 10 color Challenger. I found a 10 color Challenger a while back with under a 100k in impressions. It was like finding that old hotrod that Grandma parked in the garage and never drove for 20 years....lol
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline BorisB

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2011, 01:53:42 AM »
Four ten color Gauntlets one eight color Chameleon, One six color something or other.
But that looks like its all going to change soon.

Do tell Tony!
Is there a new Challenger on the way?

No........but maybe five TAS autos

TAS isn't perfect but I love it.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2011, 02:37:42 PM »
That's very interesting Tony.  I hope you will still be able to get on the forums regularly and it's somewhere you can continue to work your magic.  I know it would be a boring move to go from the style of printing you're doing now to a spot color plastisol shop like ours.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2011, 07:25:45 PM »
8co, 8station Chameleon II for us. 

Like Mr. Frog, I like to run 4 platens at a time to keep my body from getting totally wrecked on long runs involving a flash but will run 8 with a loader/puller.  The spider takes a lot of torque to move when printing at a steady clip which leads to frequent platen levelling and quite honestly would benefit from an indexer for both production and sampling accuracy purposes.  I'm not sure why they don't make this press with automated indexing and manual heads.

I aspire to own a Tas Hawk Compact, MHM E-Type or an RPM in the future. But I'll settle for a Titan at this point lol.

Funny, I was just thinking the exact same thing almost, except maybe Tas MiniMax instead of Hawk.   If the dumbasses we were brokering our new production space with the last 8 months had their poop in a group I would've picked up any number of cherry used Anatols though.  We have a full set of nearly every platen you might ever need with the M&R style bracket so the Anatol's are highly likely for us for that reason and since I hate x-y, anti-droop plate style micros.  We need 10 colors for the auto but with the Titan being so affordable and supposedly breezy to setup I keep mulling over getting an all-electric one as bridging measure.  I simply cannot get out of the weeds on our custom orders with the manual alone right now and the payroll costs needed to do it doesn't add up to a good business move. 

Those Tas machines look so simple and rock solid, they might not be as sexy as the MHM or the Vindicator (all-servo is extremely attractive) but I'll bet they're very faithful presses. 

Alan, I know I could just ask them myself, but will RPM do a 10 color build that can accept 25" wide screens?  Or are they pretty much settled on the stock configurations on the site?

Best with the new venture Tony.  Whomever's production your taking over is a lucky sob.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2011, 08:31:53 PM »
Zoo, we have a few 25 x 31's in our dark room that we have never used, Monday I'll got put one into the press and see what kind of room there is to work with.  I think they would be fine since our flash unit fits nicely and it's got to be wider than 25".  I've never had a problem with a screen's movement being hindered on either side of the flash units.  The conversations I've had with Rick seem to tell me they can do a lot of little custom things to the press to fit the customer's needs.  The guys up the road that bought one got a longer print stroke and the only difference in that machine and ours is a slightly larger dimension.  I believe it has a 24" stroke length and ours is a 20.

I think we'd all be a little surprised at what the manufacturers can do to the machines as far as modifying or speeding up the presses.  I know Rick told me they could really speed up the Revolution just by putting a larger servo on but nobody has needed it to run faster.  Plus you run into the sleeves flinging up and getting printed on among other engineering things that I don't know about.  He said they could have our 10 color run at 1500+/hr easily but there are issues like I mentioned earler.  I've seen a few presses that index faster than ours (challenger III, gauntlet z, mhm s-type) but it's faster than most I've seen.  I remember seeing an MHM e-type about four years ago at the ISS Ft. Worth that at the time seemed to index so fast it might take off, but I was running a very slow centurian at the time so it might not have been that fast.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2011, 10:17:26 PM »
I am freaking awestruck with some of the equipment you guys have.

I'm almost ashamed to post my Workhorse 6/4. 

But on the positive side.  It is nice to know I have low expenses, paid off equipment and I don't really have to print shirts (or whatever) anymore to survive.  I just like doing it.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2011, 10:14:49 AM »

But on the positive side.  It is nice to know I have low expenses, paid off equipment and I don't really have to print shirts (or whatever) anymore to survive.  I just like doing it.

And that is worth a lot more than some fancy auto.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2011, 11:39:00 AM »

that's funny, 'cause Workhorse 6/4 is pretty darn nice press!
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline john52

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2011, 11:39:45 AM »
12 Color Progressive Falcon
16 Color Printex Prism II

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2011, 01:04:29 PM »

that's funny, 'cause Workhorse 6/4 is pretty darn nice press!

Ah, but compared to even a 6 color auto, not to mention 8.  Maybe someday.  Be nice to have something besides the shoulders pulling (or pushing).
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2011, 09:46:26 PM »
maybe you should ask also what press do you have the you dont use! like a anatol auto...ahhahahahahahahah  had to shane...