Author Topic: Pallet supplier  (Read 2720 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Pallet supplier
« on: April 08, 2011, 02:05:21 PM »
I know that most of the people here sneak a peek on DigitSmith, and there is a chance that you have seen this guys post, but I thought about posting it here.
I just placed an order for some new pallets for my machine, and as far as I have heard, you can not beat his deal anywhere.

Check out www.pnwcnc.com. If you use MDF pallets, this is a place to check out. $15/ pallet up to 18" wide and $18 for bigger ones. $100 for a 18x24 vacuum pallet.

Offline Printhouse

Re: Pallet supplier
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2011, 02:29:03 PM »
I am always cutting different specialty pallets and I can believe how cheap he is selling these.  Let me know what it costs to ship them here.  I am thinking of having him do some for me.  If the costs of shipping is too high I have someone in Medina that has been a printer and now owns a CNC shop willing to cut some. 

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2011, 05:27:38 PM »
Well, it would be pretty easy to figure standard shipping. Weigh a piece of similar material, then figure area.
Then do the math on the sizes you want. You'll need to ask PNWCNC if they tag on a "handling" fee over the cost of the actual shipping.

Two days to me in CA.

What I want to know is does anyone have a source for standard Hopkins/Workhorse/Who knows what else brackets, besides Action?
Years ago I got some from Livingston, but I don't think that they normally have them, these were just there.

Then again my custom hanger bolt mounts worked pretty well on my new sleeve board.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2011, 06:12:31 PM »
I just bought 12 workhorse brackets off of SPEX on digitsmith.  I know he had some more that came it after I bought mine.  I picked up an 8/8 workhorse and wanted to have the option of putting some different pallets together also.  I paid $25 per bracket from him.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2011, 09:10:14 AM »
I got the pallets on Saturday. WOW
These look really good, MDF is good and finishing is awesome. I love the fact that he will put brass inserts on the back of the pallet for .25/20 screws so there is no need to screw directly into the pallet and it is easy to switch bracket from pallet to different pallet.

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2011, 01:30:59 PM »
Good to hear a positive review.  Far too many times these days do we get a new product in only to be dissapointed in it.  Other than the product, was the overall ordering process professional and easy?
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2011, 02:04:39 PM »
Guy is great (I guess that comes with the name :)
I had some issues with getting some other parts needed, he worked with me on prototype, now I'm ordering 11 more pieces from him.
Web site is pretty good and easy to place and order. I did that on Monday morning and had pallets in Ohio on Saturday.

Like I said, pleasure to deal with.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2011, 12:51:11 PM »
I got some time to take some pics and post them.
One is a closeup of the pallets, and another one is pallets and brackets that Dennis did for me.