screen printing > General Screen Printing

teach me how to print a split fountain

(1/8) > >>

ericheartsu:
I've done them once or twice but I'm hoping to get some advice on how to print split fountain designs?

Thanks in advance!

Frog:
Assuming that you are using this technique to achieve natural blends

First, obviously choose colors which look nice blended. Load your chosen color inks next to each other, run a few "warm up" prints to blend, and go to it!

The fewer colors, in the widest widths, the more you will be able to print before cleaning the "crap brown" out of the screen and starting again.

Here's my first one from almost forty years ago. Waterbase, btw, before I had even heard of Plastisol.

Inkworks:
Add the inks in the order you need them, print 5-10 shirts to get things mixing, sometimes I use a tooth pick to mix the inks where I want them to blend, add ink as needed, the added ink helps push the blend back into a tighter space. I've only done them on a manual, gotta print straight with good even pressure.

If it goes bad, scrape it all off and start over.

Storing the blended ink in a can for the next time and keeping the colors separated is the real tricky part  :P

Frog:
Here's another more recent successful one, but the many colors required very frequent cleanings

ericheartsu:
i'm guessing i should be using 230 or 305 mesh correct? Also is a thicker ink or a runnier ink better to achieve this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version