Author Topic: Barudan  (Read 7696 times)

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Barudan
« on: May 02, 2013, 03:39:34 PM »
Anybody have any experience with Barudan as a company? As in service etc? Considering a machine.
Thanks in advance, good or bad...

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Barudan
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 03:42:44 PM »
Service is excellent. When you call usually you have to leave a message but they call back quickly. Their online techs will spend as long as necassary on the phone with you as needed never an issue. Parts can be pricey but easy to order never a back order on anything. And being Barudan qualified techs are every where.
"No man is an island"

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 03:50:32 PM »
Awesome, thanks.

SWF has been silly to deal with. They do try their hardest but they just aren't very tech savvy.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 03:58:24 PM »
Is there any such thing as embroidery training? I as well have been toying with the idea of embroidery as all the local embroiders we have dealt with their quality is just blah... Makes me think it is hard to do.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 03:59:49 PM »
!!!!!IT IS NOTHING LIKE SCREEN PRINTING!!!!!

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 04:00:58 PM »
Embroidery seems very technical/tedious to me. Screen printing (for me and my market) is easy peezy.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 04:05:19 PM »
I'm not the one running the machine but I've dabbled and problem solved a few things.

For me the main difference is that anything going wrong is either in a digital file or in a machine. IE
it's not your arms not pushing hard enough or anything you can physically see.

Once you get it going though I'd say it's a hell of a lot easier to hoop stuff and press the start button
than it is to load shirts and mix ink.

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 04:37:09 PM »
We just purchased a 4 head tajima. We are not taking in orders but simply learning right now. We have a class tomorrow in Baton Rouge and hopefully that's gonna help us alot....

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 04:52:25 PM »
We just purchased a 4 head tajima. We are not taking in orders but simply learning right now. We have a class tomorrow in Baton Rouge and hopefully that's gonna help us alot....

If you have training with Hirsch, make sure you keep the instructor in check. If that will be a lady that I had training with and if there will be few more ladies that are taking the training, please keep them on the subject because they will wander away about not important stuff. Like which thread color goes good with their eyes ans sh!t like that.
Ask as many questions as you can, and ask a lot about underlay and which one to use where. Alo, try to lear as much as you can about backing and underlay combinations with different materials (Pique, satin, performance, ......)

Good luck

Offline chubsetc

« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 05:27:43 PM »
I've had a Barudan single head for 9 years and it has been great as well as the tech support from Barudan.  No complaints at all.  I did training for a couple days at there facility and that got me up and running and making quality stuff in no time.  Would by again without hesitation.

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 06:36:48 PM »
I have bought 2 brand new Barudans this year already and I love them. I had SWF before that and it was a good machine until the Barudan was next to it and you could compare the two. I looked hard at Tajima but chose the Barudan because of the service and the lettering is better.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline Parker 1

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 09:35:01 PM »
We have been runnin them for over 20yrs now.  From a 1 head to a 14 head.  We have also ran Tajima and tested some knock off Chineese start up years ago.  Very nice machines.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 10:02:44 PM »
yeah, most of the work in embroidery is done through digitizing...if that is right, your stuff is great...for the most part.

screen printing has so many more variables i think

Offline abchung

• !!!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2013, 12:36:41 AM »
We picked Barudan over Tajiman because we mainly do lettering.

I bought this book years ago from amazon.com . I find it useful if you are starting out.

Digitizing Made Easy: Create Custom Embroidery Designs Like a Pro
Author John Deer

Good Luck
Anthony

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2013, 09:24:05 AM »
We've got all Tajima but I'd seriuously look at Barudan because of the great things I've heard about them.  I had an embroidery consultant tell me that Barudan made the best machines overall and although we've never had one, I wouldn't doubt it if they were the best.

As far as running one, my screen tech learned how to operate an embroidery machine in the better part of a day but he's been working in the screen printing building for about a year and couldn't run the auto at all with way more time spent around it than an embroidery machine.  I'm not saying running an embroidery machine is a piece of cake but if this guy can run one then I have no doubts that just about anyone can.  I wouldn't trust him running the auto and I've spent a lot of time with him around the auto.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.