Author Topic: Barudan  (Read 7674 times)

Offline EmbellishAthletics

• Verified/Junior
Re: Barudan
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2013, 09:39:06 AM »
We have two Barudan 4-heads and one single head.  Been running all three for over 5 years now and not one time have we had a down day.  We have contacted tech support 1 time for the to help us set the timing on the Single Head.  Great machines and we have a great rep so no complaints from us.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2013, 09:40:55 AM »
Running the machine is one thing, making sure you use right underlays when digitizing, making sure that you use right backing when hooping is where the problems are.
If you have good digitized file and you use wrong backing, you are in trouble. If you hoop too tight or too loose on some designs, you are in trouble.
If you do not maintain your machine correctly, you are in trouble. If you use cheap thread and bobins, you are in trouble. If you do not know how to hoop a hat, you are in trouble.

Book by John Deer is decent, I was expecting more explanations and in depth stuff when I bought it.
Mu suggestion would be, play with the machine as much as you can. Try to digitize yourself. Not for production, just to learn what works and what not.
What when machine is sewing a design, you can learn a lot with just watching.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2013, 09:42:37 AM »
We've got all Tajima but I'd seriuously look at Barudan because of the great things I've heard about them.  I had an embroidery consultant tell me that Barudan made the best machines overall and although we've never had one, I wouldn't doubt it if they were the best.

As far as running one, my screen tech learned how to operate an embroidery machine in the better part of a day but he's been working in the screen printing building for about a year and couldn't run the auto at all with way more time spent around it than an embroidery machine.  I'm not saying running an embroidery machine is a piece of cake but if this guy can run one then I have no doubts that just about anyone can.  I wouldn't trust him running the auto and I've spent a lot of time with him around the auto.

Emb machines are digital and fairly straight forward on how it operates. Screen printing requires more trouble shooting and lots of knowledge concerning tons of variables. Anyone can learn the operation of an embroidery machine but its the digitizing side, backing choices, and thread tensions that can make or break a decent operator. I know an operator for a big contract shop all he knows how to do is load the design from his queue and hoop the shirts following the instruction sheet. He cannot do anything above and beyond that, he cannot trouble shoot why something is running poorly, nor can he perform simple tasks like adjust timing or change cutter blades.

"No man is an island"

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: May 03, 2013, 10:03:50 AM »
We've got all Tajima but I'd seriuously look at Barudan because of the great things I've heard about them.  I had an embroidery consultant tell me that Barudan made the best machines overall and although we've never had one, I wouldn't doubt it if they were the best.

As far as running one, my screen tech learned how to operate an embroidery machine in the better part of a day but he's been working in the screen printing building for about a year and couldn't run the auto at all with way more time spent around it than an embroidery machine.  I'm not saying running an embroidery machine is a piece of cake but if this guy can run one then I have no doubts that just about anyone can.  I wouldn't trust him running the auto and I've spent a lot of time with him around the auto.

Emb machines are digital and fairly straight forward on how it operates. Screen printing requires more trouble shooting and lots of knowledge concerning tons of variables. Anyone can learn the operation of an embroidery machine but its the digitizing side, backing choices, and thread tensions that can make or break a decent operator. I know an operator for a big contract shop all he knows how to do is load the design from his queue and hoop the shirts following the instruction sheet. He cannot do anything above and beyond that, he cannot trouble shoot why something is running poorly, nor can he perform simple tasks like adjust timing or change cutter blades.

You would call that a t-shirt loader or a t-shirt puller on the screen printing side.

Offline Audifox

« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 01:54:08 AM »
Is there any such thing as embroidery training? I as well have been toying with the idea of embroidery as all the local embroiders we have dealt with their quality is just blah... Makes me think it is hard to do.
You should just send it to Jason!  embroidery is a whole different beast and is a full time job in itself. Just ask Jason.... :o

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #20 on: May 11, 2013, 02:00:07 AM »
Is there any such thing as embroidery training? I as well have been toying with the idea of embroidery as all the local embroiders we have dealt with their quality is just blah... Makes me think it is hard to do.
You should just send it to Jason!  embroidery is a whole different beast and is a full time job in itself. Just ask Jason.... :o
I have been trying but usually I don't get the jobs because my price is to high after my markup. Its the story of my life right now it seems.

Offline Audifox

« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2013, 02:08:09 AM »
You don't want to work for free either. If they think you are too high, you don't want the job. Some people are all about the bottom dollar.I haven't heard the word quality for about the last 4 years, it's all about price and nothing else.
 Custom doesn't mean sh$t any more.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: May 11, 2013, 02:16:20 AM »
I hear ya on that one!

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2013, 07:28:41 AM »
IMO running the embriodery machines is easy.  It's the digitizing and such that will haunt you.   We learn all of the time on that front. 

Barudans I've always heard great things about.  I have always be me told by al of our techs barudan and Tajima are the best machines. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: May 12, 2013, 10:24:33 AM »
Probably gonna pull the trigger on Barudan myself.  Used Tajima for 13 years, and I was told last week by my tech that Tajima is now made in China and quality will go down. 
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2013, 09:58:22 AM »
China is getting better, I am not saying that Tajima's won't have problems, but China isn't what it used to be.

I doubt Tajima would have moved to China if it would effect their quality.

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: May 13, 2013, 11:38:07 AM »
Welp, pulled the trigger. 12 head should be here the first week of June.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: May 13, 2013, 11:52:33 AM »
Welp, pulled the trigger. 12 head should be here the first week of June.
Wow! Have you moved shops since I been there? Where the heck you gonna put that thing?

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: May 13, 2013, 12:00:28 PM »
Funny you should ask! We started moving Friday, should finish up today or tomorrow. New space is almost
double, with a huge upstairs, just for embroidery. And my dog.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: May 13, 2013, 12:01:22 PM »
Sweet!