Author Topic: Power washers  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Power washers
« on: July 01, 2011, 05:28:09 PM »
I knew about this site for a while. I think they have pretty good pricing, free shipping and no tax.

http://www.pressurewashersdirect.com/power/electric-pressure-washers.html

Someone might be interested.

:)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Power washers
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2011, 05:51:14 PM »
that is where i got my cam spray 1500

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2011, 12:47:27 AM »
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2011, 02:10:29 AM »
I have used 3 from Sam’s Club (bought one then the rest were free replacements under warrantee). They all lasted 6 to 11 months. I took the 3rd one back and they didn't have that make any longer so they refunded me my money. Almost 3 years of using them then all my money back. That’s the best deal on a Pressure Washer you will find. I figured I should take the money and get a good one.

This is the one I got. http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200350514_200350514

I have had it for 2 months and no problems. Works great. Build like a tank.

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2011, 02:58:59 AM »
I did the Home Depot exchange thing with those Husky power washers for years.  Yeah, it seems like a good concept at first.  Then I picked up a Camspray 1500a, used for a decent price. 

The difference between a made to break and made to rebuild machine will blow yer mind. 

While getting a new machine for free every time one breaks looks like a good deal on the surface it's definitely a false economy.  For example- running the camspray a few weeks ago and all of the sudden it's leaking water out of where the wand connects.  On the Husky models this spelled death, phone calls to get replacement approved, waiting, purchasing new washer.  On the camspray I took the wand apart, found the dilapidated O-ring, replaced with one from my plumbing kit and in about, oh say, 7 minutes was continuing to wash screens.  Way more consistent flow and pressure form these units as well and much quieter.  If you're going to use a tool in an industrial setting, hard, every day, get one made for that purpose not something made and marketed to homeowners who are going to use it a few times a year. 

Offline alan802

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • I like to screen print
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2011, 05:31:34 PM »
We have had ours for almost 6 years, 10-25 screens per day exposure, 10-50 screens per day reclaim and hasn't stopped yet.  It has a Marathon Electric K612 power washer motor attached to a Cat Pumps 2DX20ES 2000PSI sold by Chemical Consultants as a complete package, but one could save some money and buy this stuff separate.  You'd have to hard wire it yourself and put a toggle switch on it but that's not hard.
I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it -T.J.
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it -T.P.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2011, 05:55:50 PM »
Hey, it works, 6 years is a long time.

A lot of folks that keep buying the same one over and over again are wasting time driving back and forth and waiting in line.  By that time, my work is done and I am on to something else.  They even reclaim faster, so even if it lasted longer, you still aren't saving money because you are wasting time reclaiming.  Reclaiming doesn't make you money.

Offline rmonks

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2011, 09:59:39 PM »
I have a Cambel Hausfeld electric paid $107 new, it has been going for 4 years, I better find some wood to knock on.

Offline Rick Roth

• Administrator
  • Verified/Junior
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 01:37:13 AM »
You have to have something better to do than return things that break all the time.

We have used Camspray washers for fifteen years, they are far superior to anything we used before that and what I see in most shops. With heavy use they do break down, but the repair kits don't cost that much and are easy to install and the company is great about talking you through it.

If you don't have a powerful enough power washer you will waste labor and/or chemistry which cost you more in the end.
Rick Roth
Mirror Image Inc      Pawtucket, RI 
New blog: theinkkitchen.com
twitter: @TheInkKitchen
mirrorimage.com   and   monkeyfishprinting.com

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 07:06:44 AM »
We do a lot of reclaim, 100-150 screens a day. I bought a 2500 psi (runs at about 2000 psi) unit from a local farm implement place. They build them and repair them there. Break downs are rare. Running this particular one now for almost three years at above quantities. Wasn't cheap, but pretty worry free and the power is great. Also have a little 750 psi from them for developing screens. I know I'm a little (?) different, but I'd rather pay a little more now versus going through any BS later.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA