Author Topic: Basic Fire truck line art beginnings.  (Read 8930 times)

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Basic Fire truck line art beginnings.
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 11:46:45 AM »
I don't think that the responses are as critical as they may seem as first glance. The initial critical comment merely lead to a somewhat technical thread about what caused the slight distortion in perspective.
I am dead sure that everyone involved dug and appreciated the actual piece!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 11:59:13 AM »
Really tho wether it was tough or not. (and I don't really think it was that tough)  but thats what this section is for. Feedback. It's to help someone at the starting point of a job to point out things that (I) for example) may not have seen. So this is really what we're here for. Kudo's are always welcome but educated critiques and suggestions are intended.

I don't think that as artist, we ever really get the full amount or "the type" of feedback we should get in this specific area. Everyone thinks or feels we are only looking to get praises and as most printers aren't artist,  they feel it's better than they can do and might say, WOW, Looks great! Thats very cool, but yeah, this section is to receive feedback.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 12:02:29 PM »
Everyone relax, it was a joke. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 12:04:16 PM »
I can dig it.  ;D
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 12:29:49 PM »
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2013, 09:25:27 AM »
I may be in the wrong area for this but what is the cost to do artwork like this?  My other full time job is at a fire department and I may be needing some artwork done.

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2013, 12:04:18 PM »
Did I miss a dog pile on Dan!!!! nice job Dan, I remember the truck you did for it was dead on awesome.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ScreenFoo

• Gonzo Member
  • Semper Fidelis Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #22 on: May 22, 2013, 12:18:49 PM »
Looks like rather accurately rendering the distortion from a wide angle lens.  Not Dans fault the lens can't see right.   ;D

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 12:32:35 PM »
Why do people get their panties in an uproar when someone post something for a critique? It is not like I said the drawing sucks and my six year old could do better. The line art is great and he did a very good job. I pointed out that the perspective of the wheel looks off. It is no big deal. I would expect plenty of critiques if I posted up something I did. That is the whole reason for posting it up. To have more sets of eyes look at it. It is not a bash Dan/ defend Dan post.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #24 on: May 22, 2013, 01:22:14 PM »
JBlue!!!!your awful, a jealous person, bad to the bone for picking on Dan's art...just joking, I agree it's good to have more eyes on art, I need to post all my art to help me catch mistakes and spelling errors LOL

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: May 22, 2013, 02:13:22 PM »
I may be in the wrong area for this but what is the cost to do artwork like this?  My other full time job is at a fire department and I may be needing some artwork done.

Well, it's hard to say. It depends on how much you want out of it.

Basic vector or raster Truck (line) drawings of a detailed nature might be in the range of $100.00 (of a single vehicle) and then then you do whatever you want to it to make a full design.

At the other end of the price spectrum is $450-700.00 This is for art that is full color (sim process) approximately 6-8 colors or whatever fits your press... with separations included.

The $400.00-$450 range would be for one truck and basic design including seps. The higher $500-$700 would be for multiple vehicles + design (and seps included).

Print instructions/suggestions included.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2013, 02:39:47 PM »
Why do people get their panties in an uproar when someone post something for a critique? It is not like I said the drawing sucks and my six year old could do better. The line art is great and he did a very good job. I pointed out that the perspective of the wheel looks off. It is no big deal. I would expect plenty of critiques if I posted up something I did. That is the whole reason for posting it up. To have more sets of eyes look at it. It is not a bash Dan/ defend Dan post.

I really don't think that anyone actually considered your post or Brents post as negative. They were simply ribb'n ya. Kinda like if they were in front of you and said what they said, you might not have even gave it a 2nd thought. It's that whole "typed out" thing. Words on screen or paper don't come with personality and a smile or playful bow to the rib with it. Make sit hard to grasp the full picture sometimes.

Offline broadway

• !!!
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2013, 03:34:15 PM »
I blame the photographer... me. The photo was taken with my quite antique Kodak digital camera. No tri pod or special lens. I tried to get a straight on side view but missed a little. The other area that was distorted was the emergency lights on top of the cab. Dan fixed that area. I removed the background because the truck was parked in front a red building. The Truck was just retired and the tires where almost flat. What i did was round the tires off add fill with black. The customer and i love it and i already got paid. Not sure if it is even going to be used. The job was turned around in 24 hours.
Peter

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #28 on: May 22, 2013, 03:54:21 PM »
HA!  I thought I recognized the Broadway name. ;) Glad it went well. Thats the important thing. I myself never even caught the difference on the back tire. I was just trying to get it done. LOL.

That is why tho, it's a good thing to have others review your work to catch things you're (I'm) overlooking. This one got out the door tho. So no looking back...unless (they) come back and want it changed. :)

Thanks all, for the feedback.

Dan

Offline stitches4815

• !!!
« Reply #29 on: May 22, 2013, 05:57:42 PM »

Well, it's hard to say. It depends on how much you want out of it.

Basic vector or raster Truck (line) drawings of a detailed nature might be in the range of $100.00 (of a single vehicle) and then then you do whatever you want to it to make a full design.

At the other end of the price spectrum is $450-700.00 This is for art that is full color (sim process) approximately 6-8 colors or whatever fits your press... with separations included.

The $400.00-$450 range would be for one truck and basic design including seps. The higher $500-$700 would be for multiple vehicles + design (and seps included).

Print instructions/suggestions included.
Thanks for the response on this.  The pricing is very reasonable.