Author Topic: LIGON painting / tee Shirt Image 5/23  (Read 1488 times)

Offline DCSP John

LIGON painting / tee Shirt Image 5/23
« on: May 23, 2013, 03:39:22 PM »
Hi Everyone..

We run some print programs for the National Gallery of Art here in DC, and we have been presented
with an image (painting actually) that looks to be really challenging. Tough customers for sure.
The request has been to provide feedback as to whether its possible to screen print this image onto a shirt.

Feasible or impossible?

John

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
Re: LIGON painting / tee Shirt Image 5/23
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 04:08:36 PM »
For that one, it's all in the seps.  So yes,  totally printable! :)

You will want someone who really knows what they are doing.  Ask Dan or a couple of the other pro's here for a quote on it.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2013, 04:32:09 PM »
I think this is the case where you might have to charge extra for the cracks!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2013, 06:20:36 PM »
There are several ways to do this. Both to me, with my own experience working with various quality shop are able to print this with excellence and many typical shops can do a great job as well. The foundation does lie in the seps but then does highly depend on the printer for the final touches.

In short, yes. This job is nothing to fear.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2013, 06:30:38 PM »
This one is easy. I would send the shirts out to my local competitor to print a big white square. Then I would wash the shirts. This will give me the cracks and the very rough texture. Then I would print an easy black print with 2 black screens one for the darker area over the lighter black area one to add more texture. Done.