Author Topic: Tape for protecting screen  (Read 4891 times)

Offline squeegee

Re: Tape for protecting screen
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2011, 09:51:50 PM »
I used to use a red tape by Polyken, like the blue R-tape but doesn't take as much effort to get off, I remember being told and later confirming that the red Polyken doesn't stick so badly to aluminum as blue R-tape.  Also used to use a box sealing rubber based adhesive tape from Uline which worked well too.  About 2 yrs ago we went to permanent block out which to this day has been a really great product for us, now tapeless except for reg marks and emergencies.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2011, 10:03:25 PM »
Hey Squeegee, which block-out do you use?

You actually inspired me to start a new thread to keep this one a little more on topic. See ya over there.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2011, 05:29:24 AM »
I use Newman Yellow tape on my rollers, then tape the inside of the screen with PMI split tape, and tape of reg marks, etc with standard 3M 2" painters tape.

exactly the same here.  I always double up the newman tape and we use the plastic roller protectors.  We don't break mesh on the rollers anymore with this setup. 

though I keep on trying to come up with some way to get rid of the ink tape on the rollers.  I was thinking maybe a sandwich of the yellow newman tape and then that permanent blockout so you can coat right over the blockout as the tape would interfere.