Author Topic: Collaborative effort of art, seps and production for Hot Markets.  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
This job was a double team effort by myself and Myseps. Timing was tight and my schedule was full so I had scott do the meat of it and I came in and tightened up some areas.

It was sent that day, printed that night, shipped the next morning. Thousands maybe 20-40 thousand for sale for a couple weeks before the Superbowl. The art was done by Tom Wood and the printing, by a pretty large shop in Philly known for hot markets I'm told. They gave me the name, but I forget.

All within a few days of art, seps and production. It just got set up and ran. No editing on press. It's not as good as it could have been had they been able to tweak it, but that's hot markets. Overall, it's a decent tee. The faces are a few inches tall.  I think it was 9 colors if I remember correctly. I didn't get the details of what they ended up printing it with, but I did give specs of 230 base and 305 on top.

It feels like they used some grainy ink. Kinda rough yet over all looked pretty good. They did lose some detail in the faces and arms that should have held, but I think due to running it so fast and not interested in fine tuning it, it clogged on press maybe. I was shooting for more of a flesh difference between the two than what you see, but it does maintain some differences. Seemed to have lost some detail in the tattoo also. It's possible they took out a color entirely. I think maybe a brown for flesh. Maybe thy felt it didn't need it.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Collaborative effort of art, seps and production for Hot Markets.
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 11:28:41 AM »
looks good for a hot market print.  you are right that it could have been better, but hey, quantity over quality on this type stuff...we used to run tons of it between the Braves and the Olympics.

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 12:02:06 PM »
Being in Boston, we've had a lot over the last 12 years or so starting with the Pats, then the Sox, Celtics and Bruins. Most of the art we get is plain and boring, in fact we just got the order for the Bruins if they win the conference over Washington, about 3500 overnight (we do the kid's stuff for them) The files we've received have been well made though, just boring, with the exception of the 2001 Superbowl, which had a process print of Brady fading back to pass, with a couple of spot colors for the text...

Steve
I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 12:16:45 PM »
ours were really good back when, especially for the time, this was all mid-90's and tons of gradients...they looked really great.