Author Topic: Bobbin Thread creating thread breaks after cut  (Read 1790 times)

Offline ScreenPrinter123

Bobbin Thread creating thread breaks after cut
« on: July 17, 2013, 12:44:51 PM »
Ok, been working on a 300 piece job the past two days and the vast majority of thread breaks, as it has been typically, is due to after a cut, the bobbin thread's "tail" (i.e., enough bobbin is not pulled out during the cut or something like that) is not long enough.  So, all I'm doing is re-threading the needle, and pulling out the bobbin thread about another 2 inches and it fixes the problem.  So, my question is if there is something adjustable that you know of that after/during a cut, more of the bobbin thread would pulled so that the "tail" is longer?  I don't know if this is just simply the typical reason all machines have thread breaks for the most part or if one screw (or something like that) just needs to be adjusted.

One Barudan owner told me he RARELY if ever gets thread breaks -- we are on a Tajima and are running 770-780 stitches/minute on flats, so it's not as if we're maxing the machine out at the 1,000 stitches per minute mark.  Suggestions?

Thanks.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Bobbin Thread creating thread breaks after cut
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2013, 02:04:32 PM »
we do not have tajima however all machines worth anything have a trim length you can set. you need to set it longer than it is now.
I do not know how on tajima but go to yahoo search for tajima users groups here is one link to get you started
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/TajimaUsers/

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2013, 02:35:11 PM »
Yes, trim length should help. Increase it a bit

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2013, 04:04:57 PM »
Does it do it on all or one head?
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2013, 06:14:29 PM »
It was predominately doing it on head one, but occasionally on others.  I adjusted the top thread length -- didn't see the option to adjust bobbin length -- and it seemed to help with a lot less breaks.  Thanks for the suggestions.

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2013, 06:42:27 PM »
Hey what type of tajima do you have?

Offline ScreenPrinter123

« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2013, 08:00:45 PM »
Hey what type of tajima do you have?

2006 TFMX-IIC 1506