Author Topic: More nuncken rucker futzen emb stuff.  (Read 7112 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
More nuncken rucker futzen emb stuff.
« on: July 08, 2011, 07:32:21 PM »
More nuncken rucker futzen no good emb stuff.   :'( :'(

Why can't I find a good embroiderer. Am I really (REALLY) asking for too much here?  Do I just not know the full limitations of embroidery?  I am wanting to find an embroiderer who actually makes the job look like it was supposed to look. I know it will have thread in it and I know I can't get detail....but C'mon!!  They didn't even try on the type, they had no detail in these star things and they completely left out the bottom distressed detail (all together).  Is this just (too much) detail for a 4.5" wide embroidery?

I am posting a request in Member to member If any digitizers and Emb. feel they can do this detail, please send me a quote for digitizing it and anyone else for doing the emb. work.  They will be taking orders from this and we have approx. 400 members of the dream team but I am expecting only about 100 polos. It will be contract polo's.

----- The TOP image is the supplied art.

----- Middle image is the latest sample from a new Embroiderer who did the digitizing as well.

----- Bottom image is the digitizing sew out from a digitizer in India (hired by the first Emb. company who messed up my other COL logo order for this same customer shown in another post. Since he messed up that first order, I was afraid to continue to use this guy who did the emb. work so I stumbled on the (middle) and gave them a try.

I think they just do basics stuff and don't quite understand that I WANT that distressed detail.

« Last Edit: July 08, 2011, 07:45:19 PM by Dottonedan »
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: More nuncken rucker futzen emb stuff.
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2011, 07:37:08 PM »
Not my field at all, but I do have a question. Are you prepared to pay more than you do or have paid?
Perhaps you are just looking at a lower level, price point, and the ensuing quality.
Obviously, we don't want to discuss specifics in this section, but I still wanted to throw it out there.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2011, 07:56:47 PM »
1st,  I forgot that some areas are public and some require so many post.  Thats hard to remember so we should talk more about that.

I paid the price she quoted without blinking. That price is 425% higher than the bottom image (the guy from India). Keep in mind, this guy from India was the first Emb. guys freelance digitizer that he uses all the time.  I want to pay what ever it takes to get it to look accurate.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2011, 07:59:21 PM »
I don't know why you can't find a good embroiderer. I sent you samples (pics) awhile ago from my embroiderer.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2011, 08:05:35 PM »
you HAVE to use BJ, her work is awesome.  Speaking of which I have to send her a check.

I've got an incredible embroidery friend.  I can give you her info if you like.  She's up here, but she's fast, good and dang fun.

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2011, 08:09:46 PM »
I don't know why you can't find a good embroiderer. I sent you samples (pics) awhile ago from my embroiderer.

Thank you for that. I am really ready to send out to another state to get good quality.   I happen to have stumbled on to these people in my semi local area while visiting one of my screen print customers. The Emb. shop is a black away. As I pass by and noticed, I went in to visit with them and turns out they do contract Emb. So we discussed it and they told me "no problem" we understand trend. We can do it. So I let them (considering they were in the next town).

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2011, 08:15:52 PM »
Here's the thing.  I really took some time to explain to these recent people of what I went through with the first guy.  I really over emphasized that I needed this to look as detailed and accurate as legitimate possible. I explained that if it were to normally cost $40.00 then I would gladly pay $120 if they took 3 times more care to make it accurate.

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2011, 08:26:36 PM »
When you come up with some specific pricing issues, there is now a child board for that.  As with the other sensitive industry issues, Junior member status is required
That's ten posts.;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2011, 09:48:08 PM »
Hey Dan I have the same problem in my town and we are really considering going out of state for our stuff. When I seen on another post what Graphic Disorder is capable of it really makes the local embroidery shops here look like *&(^.

Offline Doug B

• !!!
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2011, 12:51:00 PM »
 Dan, If you need anything done locally, I'm in Jacksonville. I do digitizing and
we do contract.   ;)
 -Doug

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2011, 12:58:06 PM »
Dan.
Request that they use 60 weight thread. It is a finer thread than a normal 40 wight that most of us use. That might help with the detail, but then again, as I said before, at the left chest size logo I do not think that there is no way to get that amount of detail. Even with the finest thread possible.

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »
check your email

sam

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 01:24:35 AM »
Dan.
Request that they use 60 weight thread. It is a finer thread than a normal 40 wight that most of us use. That might help with the detail, but then again, as I said before, at the left chest size logo I do not think that there is no way to get that amount of detail. Even with the finest thread possible.

If you can do these two at that size with that detail,  Then they should be able to do my little distressed type at the bottom. It just needs to be one color brown.  Would making it 4" wide to work better?  The head on your skull (Big Slick) has to be around 2" wide.  The fish is probably 3 - 3.5"

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2011, 07:39:42 AM »
Dan.

If you can do these two at that size with that detail,  Then they should be able to do my little distressed type at the bottom. It just needs to be one color brown.  Would making it 4" wide to work better?  The head on your skull (Big Slick) has to be around 2" wide.  The fish is probably 3 - 3.5"

The fish is pre embroidered on the hat, and it is sewn before the hat is assembled, the scull is done (the detailed part) with the run stitch, and not satin which is used for type.

I was talking about details in the outer circle, around the letters DT. It should help if you make logo 4". Right now, the type looks to be around .25", and with the amount off stitching under it and around it, it will be very hard to embroider that small.

I will send you the PM with the name of really good digitizer.

Offline shellyky

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2011, 10:24:24 AM »
IMO--i would have never taken that job to put that on a polo--i wouldn't see it as doable without getting rid of all distressing, changing the font like theyve done, and i dont even think i would have included that pattern in the ring.  its super intricate to put on anything that small...i wouldn't have high hopes for it as a finished product.  Single-line stitches are ok in some instances, but alot of times theyre just going to look like an afterthought...to get the distressing in there, you have to remember that needle is basically going to go down, form one stitch and trim--to me , thats a disaster waiting to happen for the sewer...its just too little.