Author Topic: More nuncken rucker futzen emb stuff.  (Read 7110 times)

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
Re: More nuncken rucker futzen emb stuff.
« Reply #15 on: July 14, 2011, 11:42:46 AM »
I am really not asked for an exact duplicate. I do understand that it's small and needles and thread do have size limitations.

I think I'd of been more appreciative and  it would have helped had they...

1 filled in the openings of the type on the D, R, A and A. That would have been a closer representation of the original art.

2 had they used correct colors everywhere. I know they don't match PMS colors but they can come closer. I've ordered Emb for over 11 years while at my last job. I have maderia book colors.

3 had they achieved a complete fill on the inside fills of the wings in all areas. (see right bottom side).

4 had they even just removed the cross hatch/star things all together.

5 had they NOT filled in the center completely and just tried a little to indicate the spiral line fade to the center.
The guy from India actually had a better sew out than this last one except for the type.

6, had they actually included my distressed grunge googgely things at bottom of banner.

Maybe I am asking too much.  I do appreciate your offering of your viewpoint.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #16 on: July 14, 2011, 11:47:55 AM »
It for sure could have been better no doubt. 

But over all, that size of a logo, that much detail.  Im not saying its not possible, it is, but its more like art than embroidery at that point.  You really have to know what your doing to pull that off "well".  I think it will be hit and miss on something like that.  Personally I think a polo like that id go for a more simplified version anyway.  Just my personal opinion. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: July 14, 2011, 12:02:31 PM »
Personally a logo like that for the qty is to much of a PITA especially for contract.

If I were to take it on I would make a mock up of what I am comfortable embroidering first, not a sew out itself but an art mock up. Then we would discuss colors, unfortunately us embroiders do not have every color in the Madeira book, it is just like ink it sucks to buy a gallon of ink only for a dozen shirts. If we did not have the best colors in stock and we did not have a thread order up coming we would then have to discuss time line and see if you are comfortable waiting till we place a thread order.

Thread unlike ink does typically go bad. We toss spools galore out every year they get stiff and fragile not worth running if they have not been used in years.

So to sum it up the logo is way to detailed for an embroidery as a patch it would be possible to get much more of the detail.
"No man is an island"

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 12:14:15 PM »
I'll do that. I'd much rather dumb it down and get a good look than to submit a gobbely gook of jumbled thread.

Thanks all for the feedback. See this place is educational. ")  This is certainly not my area and I may be speaking like on of those know it all customers.

Thanks
Dan
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 12:17:13 PM »
I don't think your embroider is any good if they are not educating you on what is good or bad. They should have immediately told you changes had to be made instead of attempting to embroider a guaranteed failure. Plus there is no way they should go ahead and embroider anything without an approval on an electronic sample at the least.
"No man is an island"

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 12:21:23 PM »
I don't think your embroider is any good if they are not educating you on what is good or bad. They should have immediately told you changes had to be made instead of attempting to embroider a guaranteed failure. Plus there is no way they should go ahead and embroider anything without an approval on an electronic sample at the least.

I agree, I often have to educate the customer on not only what is possible but how even the possible will look.  Not everything tanslates well into embroidery.  Personally when we sew something that I am no happy with we stop, take pictures, show client.  Most are still thrilled and on we go, we are on the super picky side. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline shellyky

« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 01:05:58 PM »

bingo.  i get a file, i look at it--i tell them this this and this will have to change to look decent.  if they are ok with those things being changed i'll send them a crude mockup of how that looks...if thats good to go then i digitize it.  I would imagine it would be hard to 'sell' embroidery if youre not the guy doing it yourself--there are so many yes's and no's to learn instead of just taking the job.  As well as each machine sews different--if you get a decent file and take it to one guy and it sews OK, then switch embroidery people with the same file, it doesnt necessarily mean that file will still look OK.  When we outsourced digitizing and he would send me a picture of the sewout, it was good--then i'd sew it and have to make 10 changes for it to look good on my machine...thats the whole reason i learned to digitize, fixing the guys errors. LOL

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 10:12:57 PM »
Not knocking embroidery, but simple is always better, especially at that size.
My boss is really good at it ( embroidery ), but I always have to remember to:

a) 'dumb' it down
b) 'dumb' it down more.
c) cringe ( omg this is gonna suck! )

which leads to:

d) pleasant surprise with the outcome

Embroidery is a different bag of tricks.
What looks like hell as lineart on your screen or whatever, can take on a new look with thread.
Design towards the final medium ( or always try to at least )

Think about t-shirts..it's a rather sh*t medium, really.
But if you approach it from the proper mindset, it works well, as opposed to thinking fine art or something.
Same deal with embroidery.

That embroidery simulation thing that Corel put out..it makes a jpeg out of eps files that looks like embroidery
( DRAWings )
It does it wrong ( much like auto-trace embroidery ) in many areas, but it'll give you a quick idea.
( don't combine too many objects, ungroup everything )
Linkage:
http://www.corel.com/servlet/Satellite?pagename=Corel3/Section/Display&sid=1047022946165&cid=1145399558571&gid=1047022985433
It's helped me a couple of times.

:)