Author Topic: Newman Roller Frames- Best Price?????  (Read 8094 times)

Offline BorisB

Re: Newman Roller Frames- Best Price?????
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 02:41:22 AM »
you aren't missing anything by not using M&R.  There is nothing about their presses that others don't have.  Heck, even though most don't like him Barnes has done a good job showing the different companies that are in Europe.

Frankly, you are in MHM's backyard, you need to check them out.

MHM's Factory is 400km away from.  By far closest producer of automatic machinery. Always when buying Press (3x) i tried to buy it from my neighbors.  Which is only logical. But that was just me. They weren't really blown away by making any offer or take time for a guy who wants to buy 1 (only) 8 color machine. Or later 12 color S.  Word discount didn't appear on Quote at all. It was never followed by call.
And no matter how small a printer you are, you don't feel like you have to beg and be thankful that you can buy MHM.  I met some owners during my printing career. Their stories with MHM I'm ready to share only verbal, best accompanied by good cold beer.
Just two facts. 1.) I know of a shop that choose to sell MHMs, as they were not able to pay bills for maintenance.  2.) I have been to shop which had two monster  3000's when they were newest, best machine in the world. They really were!! On of them was down for three weeks already when I was there. The other one, printing at that time, had several weeks of downtime already. Both were new, new. Both were less than a year old, huge 14 or 16 color beasts.

Before you start explaining  me , I'm big fan of MHMs. To me they are still the best machines.

Boris

Offline BorisB

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 02:43:43 AM »
Didn't get that you were overseas.. $93 ain't bad when you figure in transport and duty taxes for an american product in Europe.

I often buy supplies and machines from USA.

Typically:  Shipping: 10-12% on buying price, custom duties: 2-4%

Boris

Offline BorisB

« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 02:51:53 AM »
I bet that Boris is using TAS equipment. :)

Regarding Newman's I also have the same problem here in Serbia, just can't find a good deal anywhere in Europe. And I saw on Digitsmith or recent Print House auction for example, hundreds of these used in great condition at bargain prices. But, you must have someone in US ready to pick it up and arrange shipping.  You guys in USA are lucky regarding equipment prices. And not only equipment. I was Wilflex customer for several years, but now it becomes impossible to continue with their prices here. For example, if you guys in US are paying 65 USD for gallon of let's say HDC, price here is 210 USD!!

Btw Boris, what ink brands are you using?

Misha

Yes, I went for TAS, after mixed experience with Versatronic/Hebbecker

Inks?

still much of Wilflex, some Unico, Excalibur (Lancer), Grafco, and a lot of white from Triangle Ink,

Pricing? Well as long as all printers in Europe have to buy expensive than that's OK. It means you can't sell your services cheap. Or you & your business will learn a lesson and fail.

Boris