Author Topic: new business logo...  (Read 8293 times)

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: new business logo...
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2011, 12:12:02 PM »
Yeah I was kinda thinking "tramp stamp" with the winged E when I looked at again today. The zombie guy is great for younger people and bands but I'm trying to pick up more schools and so forth...  Back to the drawing board. I need something simplistic without looking boring. 

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2011, 01:02:09 PM »
Dude, spruce up the screen and take out the zombie guy.

The other problem is that locks you into screen printing.  What if you get into embroidery and promo items?

Offline Command-Z

• !!!
« Reply #17 on: July 13, 2011, 02:41:48 PM »
Zombie Guy is AWESOME, but it's not a logo. Great promo piece for a flyer or printed shop shirts , but shrink it down to 1.5" high and hold it out to arm's length and what does it look like?

3Deep is right... logos should be simple, have a black and white as well as a color version and should preferably be something that can embroider well. You also want it to tell the viewer what it is you do.

I don't like that lower case "e" at all. Wings are cool, though.
If you stick with the grunge look, how about more of a spray-painted stencil look? This one is too blocky and vector-y.

I can tell you're a young, edgy company by looking at that logo. If that's the image you want to project, and the clientele you want to attract, stick with it. If you want to expand to more corporate markets, however, you may need a more conservative, mainstream approach.

Design, Illustration and Color Separation for the Imprinted Apparel Industry for over 20 years. SeibelStudio.com
 Custom art not in the budget? Check out Bad Bonz Designs

Offline txscreener

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2011, 06:13:32 PM »
By the looks of all these samples i need a new logo...Wait... I just need a logo..
Teecal Management Software (owner)

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2011, 10:53:51 PM »
My artist buddy just sent me a proof sheet a few hours ago.

I like it  :P

Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline JBLUE

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: July 13, 2011, 11:00:43 PM »
Now thats a cool looking logo.
www.inkwerksspd.com

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid...... Ben Franklin

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: July 13, 2011, 11:11:34 PM »
Pretty cool. I prefer darker grey tones and a little distress. Attached a quick and dirty change.

Looks cool, thanks for the idea! I think im going to actually pay an artist to touch up my old logo and make it more public friendly.

Good idea, but dress it up some as you said.

Maybe have your artist change it out to something like "endless ink AND string" to cover you for embroidery, even if you sub it out.

Take out the zombie guy and the squeegee and just have the screen with splashy ink and some unraveling and frizzy spools of thread.

You DID pose for the zombie guy, right?   :D
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 11:20:13 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 01:22:12 AM »
I'm not even old enough to be bitching about this but why does no one pay attention to the importance of your type in the logo anymore?  Ours can be printed full color, black&white, or...just the font, the text, the bones of the whole thing. 

If the text works, on it's own, then you have something versatile that you can use full throttle with all the bell's and whistles...or reduce to simple typeface and still, everybody knows that's you. 

You could carry out this concept with the very nice piece of you pulling the squeegee with a few adjustments, no?

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 01:40:23 AM »
I'm not even old enough to be bitching about this but why does no one pay attention to the importance of your type in the logo anymore?  Ours can be printed full color, black&white, or...just the font, the text, the bones of the whole thing. 

If the text works, on it's own, then you have something versatile that you can use full throttle with all the bell's and whistles...or reduce to simple typeface and still, everybody knows that's you. 

You could carry out this concept with the very nice piece of you pulling the squeegee with a few adjustments, no?

lets see your logo
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 01:43:25 AM by endless ink printing »

Offline T Shirt1

• !!!
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 09:09:19 AM »
We tried this new logo yesterday.

steve

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2011, 09:47:16 AM »
Endless, what is wrong with the one you have on your entrance door?
Does the job. It is nothing extravagant, but it is clean and simple.

Offline Catnhat

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2011, 10:49:59 AM »
I'm with Dennis.
 I've always dug your zombie man, but for trying to get more corporate, business to business type clients, simple sells.  And the one on your door is easy enough to tweak in any way you want.  Distress it out & grunge it up for the trendy clients and bands, or plain & simple 1/2 color for the schools & corporate accounts.  And the main elements of the design stay the same for any sort of marketing-branding you do for your business.

Offline Shanarchy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2011, 11:20:22 AM »
Agreed on the door logo!

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2011, 01:21:46 PM »
Here it is.  Our logo has three elements in it that we use together or separately- the rail spike, the bee and the text.  These biz cards have it semi-deconstructed and the "full" b&w one below shows it all together.  The text/typeface and the spike are the two major elements that people seem to be recognizing the most so far.  We've been using this setup for about 8 months now and so far, so good, open to critiques of course.

Point was that you could roll with the good art (zombie guy) and hone down the text in there to be used stand alone when the zombie guy isn't appropriate.  Don't be shy about what yer all about either.  We aren't the most "pc" business by a long shot and folks are o.k. with that here. 

Offline prozyan

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2011, 01:43:57 PM »
I just followed Before and After's "logo of letters" advice for making my logo.  Business name is Empire Graphics:

This one is kind of stylized with an alien skin texture fill, but its easy to make spot color, single color, etc.
If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?