Author Topic: new business logo...  (Read 8611 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: new business logo...
« Reply #30 on: July 14, 2011, 01:54:30 PM »
Yeah, I like the door graphic, that looks great.  I think you would be served fine with that.

Keep the zombie guy for marketing materials.  I wouldn't classify it as a logo.

Offline Shawn (EIP)

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #31 on: July 14, 2011, 02:11:06 PM »
Here it is.  Our logo has three elements in it that we use together or separately- the rail spike, the bee and the text.  These biz cards have it semi-deconstructed and the "full" b&w one below shows it all together.  The text/typeface and the spike are the two major elements that people seem to be recognizing the most so far.  We've been using this setup for about 8 months now and so far, so good, open to critiques of course.

Point was that you could roll with the good art (zombie guy) and hone down the text in there to be used stand alone when the zombie guy isn't appropriate.  Don't be shy about what yer all about either.  We aren't the most "pc" business by a long shot and folks are o.k. with that here.

Heres my critique and I thank you for yours, really!

My idea of a good logo is that you know instantly what the business is about. If I hadnt seen your logo on a screen printing forum I would think first of all... (since I personally notice pics before text) ok rail raod spike (trains) , bee (honey?) , ZOO (animals) "what does all this mean?" It's not instant but at the same time it does draw me to your logo if I have enough time to figure it out. I have no idea what you do until I see apparel.. "ohhh apparel ok..." but still nothing that let's me know that you screen print. Know what I mean?

I have a friend here that has a screen printing business too his business is named  (insert persons name) Customs . Ok custom what? Custom cakes? Cars? ... wtf do you do man? He then later added screen printing lol. (one of those times I wish I kept my mouth shut)

I think I just tapped into a different subject, business names & logos.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:41:39 PM by endless ink printing »

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: July 14, 2011, 02:49:30 PM »
Definitely Shawn.  Our thing is that our logo has to serve double duty for our retail line (about half the business) and our custom printing arm of the company.  We're a hybrid company basically with two distinct wings.  If we marketed ourselves as a custom print shop exclusively we probably wouldn't be able to accommodate all the work without getting to be a much larger, high-production based outfit and that's not what we want to do.  As it is, most know us for our clothing line (one popular style actually has developed into another sub-line) and then figure out we do custom work too.  This provides all the business that I want and need for now.  I used to have the name as Zoo City Custom Apparel but dropped the "custom" last year.  Zoo City is slang for Missoula and this is the region where 90% of our sales go down, we're not a web-based company although we do take on work from around the Western half of the country so recognition outside the area isn't a big need for us.. 

Endless Ink Printing is a great name I think, especially if you do other types of printing, like flatstock items, etc.  I stuck with "apparel" because it covers both the bases for us.   We're installing a flatstock line early next month so now there's thoughts of splitting the company into two sub-co's for the retail clothing line/store and the custom print shop.  I'd definitely get the term "printing" in there or something synonymous if that happened.