Author Topic: going to buy a heat press...what should i look for?  (Read 671 times)

Offline Mark @ Hurricane Printing

going to buy a heat press...what should i look for?
« on: August 21, 2013, 08:26:28 AM »
in relation to the post thread I made yesterday asking how to do foil jobs, I decided to make a separate post inquiring what I should look for as far as heat presses go.....anything in particular or brand? What to avoid?
Mark

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: going to buy a heat press...what should i look for?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 08:37:52 AM »
Looking for the best?.........Air operated hands free with off contact adjustment. Not for everyone but for sensitive applications like rock foil it is most consistent.

Offline tpitman

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2013, 08:40:29 AM »
You might look for a used one. I bought a used Hix for $400 from a guy who did transfers at a flea market. It's 16x20 or something about that size. Ain't much in the looks department, but everything on it works. I've also got a Hix hat heat press. Brand-wise, that's what I'd look for based on the use I've gotten out of mine.
Work is the curse of the drinking class . . .

Offline Zelko-4-EVA

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2013, 08:50:46 AM »
we have an older HIX N840

it has two platens- so while one is pressing, you can load a new shirt and foil.

when it is done pressing, slide the platen to the one you just loaded, lower the handle to press and then unload and load a new shirt/foil.

pic and description below:

http://www.bestblanks.com/shuttleattachment.html