Author Topic: Sublimation printing?  (Read 2406 times)

Offline BBB

• Verified/Junior
Sublimation printing?
« on: July 14, 2011, 05:05:17 PM »
Had a buddy of mine tell me he bought a MUTO RJ 900 a printer he can press on shirts..anyone know more than I about ii?

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: Sublimation printing?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 06:18:41 PM »
The first thing I can tell you is that it will produce transfers, not screen printing, hence the move to this board.
Second, it's the Mutoh RJ 900 ;D
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline CoastalAaron

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 03:16:58 PM »
BBB - Frog is correct, it is typically used for sublimation transfers at least in our "t-shirt" industry. Here is a video with it in action printing sublimation ink to be transfered onto a polyester shirt as an all over over print. http://www.coastalbusiness.com/all-over-garment-decoration-with-sublimation.aspx
Aaron Montgomery  |  Coastal Business Supplies, Inc.
aaron@coastalbusiness.com  www.coastalbusiness.com

Find Aaron talking all things decoration and personalization with Terry Combs - 2 Regular Guys Podcast

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 03:37:28 PM »
I dye sub'd on 100% poly a few weeks ago, great soft print. can't even feel the print.
Anybody ever dye sub on 50/50?
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com

Offline CoastalAaron

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2011, 09:37:15 AM »
I dye sub'd on 100% poly a few weeks ago, great soft print. can't even feel the print.

I know some people who dye sub on 50/50 and are Ok with the quality, but you don't get the same bright vibrant look you get on a 100% Poly garment. What happens is the sublimation ink only bonds with the polyester material in the garment, and not to the cotton, so all of the cotton stays white and you get a very washed out look. Almost the vintage look, so if you are going for that…
Aaron Montgomery  |  Coastal Business Supplies, Inc.
aaron@coastalbusiness.com  www.coastalbusiness.com

Find Aaron talking all things decoration and personalization with Terry Combs - 2 Regular Guys Podcast

Offline Fresh Baked Printing

• "Tattoo Free Since 1965"
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2011, 10:30:00 AM »

I know some people who dye sub on 50/50 and are Ok with the quality, but you don't get the same bright vibrant look you get on a 100% Poly garment. What happens is the sublimation ink only bonds with the polyester material in the garment, and not to the cotton, so all of the cotton stays white and you get a very washed out look. Almost the vintage look, so if you are going for that…

Thanks.
50% of the time I'm 100% right.
http://www.spiffylab.com