Author Topic: back up equipment, what do you keep  (Read 5733 times)

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: back up equipment, what do you keep
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2011, 12:43:21 PM »
That isn't the best idea actually.  It is much better to keep all the parts for one to fix yours.  There comes a point when it's a waste of space to keep extra equipment around as backup.  I can get all of the parts for my dryer here locally, but I am going to grab some extra parts that would go bad to cut down on our time.

Even with our old dryer, I could fix it in under 30 minutes when the wires burned off.  The panels took a little longer to replace, but if 1 was down, I could bump the temp on the rest and run for a bit.

One of the smartest things I did was put a quick connect fitting on the air lines outside, so I can hook up a rental air compressor in a hurry...that way in runs through the chiller as well.

Offline T Shirt1

• !!!
« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2011, 12:45:59 PM »
We have back ups for almost everything except the embroidery machine and the compressor.  On 6/27 the compressor pump started knocking and we printed manually for a day and a half until we got the pump switched out.  I'm saving for a Kaiser screw and the current compressor will become the back up. We have a ton of spare parts accumulated over 18 years - way too many to even start a list.  I can find about everything except that roll of 1/4" cord i've been looking for all week.
steve

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2011, 01:41:04 PM »
HA!  Actually I doubt I could find most of our spares.