Author Topic: Simulated print order???  (Read 2493 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Simulated print order???
« on: April 11, 2011, 12:13:08 PM »
Just printed out my FIRST simulated process to film and now am wondering if I need to go by print order, light to dark... The colors are blk, grn, soft red, aqua, yellow. I am using QS's to seperate and it is a scanned pic of water color art, so its pretty forgiving... Just want the colors to be right. Thanks

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Simulated print order???
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 12:20:55 PM »
Scott,

black last, rest by size of the print, smaller to larger is what we would do.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 12:57:53 PM »
Thks P I will post pic when complete.... Did u get my e-mail on the design?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 01:11:53 PM »
I'd do yellow, green, red, blue, black.

Yellow will take a little to build up (it will not seem like there is enough of it on the first few shirts, just leave it as is). Red has a tendency to build up too much and become more visible (you might have to dial it down a little as you go).
run at least 10 shirts for the bottoms of the screens to build up and then make any adjustments.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Artelf2xs

•  Celebrating 29 years in the industry
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2011, 10:26:30 PM »
I have not explored Quick Seps in years, However each design I do has it's own rules as to what looks best.

I hand sep most of my work and use the black to tone colors down as the white tints them up. It works best if you put the black early in the print order wet ( No Flash) as the remaining squeegee passes tend to blend the inks together.
Lif'e too short to complain about stuff ( Like typos)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2011, 11:29:05 PM »
I believe you would probably be best suited to print in the order of the QS Channels produced.

Pierre is right on the yellow and red.  Resist the temptation to wipe the backs of the screens.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 11:38:03 PM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2011, 11:41:36 AM »
I believe you would probably be best suited to print in the order of the QS Channels produced.

Pierre is right on the yellow and red.  Resist the temptation to wipe the backs of the screens.

Thats the most accurate statement. You ARE using QS so you should do them in that stock order. Anything else is going to change it up and more than likely, not for the better.  All the other info color sequence and size comes into play (when YOU have control over that and are doing seps yourself).

When doing seps yourself, you can sometimes print Yellow last as out of design necessity but you design your seps to do so.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850