Author Topic: Equipment for Sale in future - Trying to establish value  (Read 2107 times)

Offline dburgessjr

• Verified/Junior
  • It's all about MƎ
Equipment for Sale in future - Trying to establish value
« on: July 19, 2011, 11:28:24 AM »
I bought some equipment back in '04 that's been very lightly used for about 1-1.5 years then has just sat in my garage.  I'd like to get it sold to free up some real estate in my shop but I have no idea what a fair asking price would be.  The brand is CAPS both the dryer and press. 

Dryer - 240V 2Phase
Press - 4 Pallet; 6 Color.  Micro Reg still in great condition but the only flaw on the press, that I know of, is that I've warped 2 of the wooden pallets.

If you need any other information to help assist in finding an asking price, let me know.  I have photos as well if you need to see the condition of the equipment.
Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 02:53:17 PM by Frog »

Offline dburgessjr

• Verified/Junior
  • It's all about MƎ
Re: Equipment for Sale
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 11:54:16 AM »
Just so you guys know, I'm not actually trying to sell this equipment through this thread.  All I am looking for right now is some insight as to what a fair value of this equipment might sell for.  Once I had an understanding on price, then I would list it through eBay or such.

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 12:17:13 PM »
That's a little weird, because this is the classifieds section, just like ebay or Craigslist. or Print classifieds.

If you really don't want to sell it here, I'm moving it to Equipment, and changing its Subject.

And, for equipment in the condition you describe, I'd say 60% of new price.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline dburgessjr

• Verified/Junior
  • It's all about MƎ
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 12:33:06 PM »
Yeah I probably could have choose a better thread subject but I was in a hurry.  I am looking to sell it but the intention of this particular thread was to discuss the value first; then I would have started a new thread looking to sell it. 

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the insight.

Offline Northland

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 01:13:31 PM »
Yeah I probably could have choose a better thread subject but I was in a hurry.  I am looking to sell it but the intention of this particular thread was to discuss the value first; then I would have started a new thread looking to sell it. 

Sorry for the confusion and thanks for the insight.

I have a CAPS 4X6 press also. They are sellable, but there's not a huge demand for them.
I'd guess $2000 to $2,500 for the press and dryer.

Online mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 01:14:20 PM »
well, post it for that and see if you get any bites.  Try your local craigslist.