Author Topic: Vacuum Blanket  (Read 92608 times)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Vacuum Blanket
« Reply #90 on: December 31, 2017, 04:50:44 PM »
I have a question. 

For those who have gotten a blanket from http://www.hookloopoutlet.com/neoprene-sheets--nylon---smooth-skin.html what's your opinion of using this for something completely different.

I'm looking for something with a rubber content to cover outside equipment to keep off rain an rust.  Opinions?
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #91 on: January 06, 2018, 11:43:56 PM »
Bump.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Lizard

« Reply #92 on: April 11, 2020, 08:43:58 AM »
I replaced my original blanket with rubber roofing material. It’s been on there over ten years. Do you have any commercial roofing friends?
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2020, 06:02:02 PM »
LOL, that was 2+ years back.  Oddly enough, the blanket is still holding.  I'll look into roofing material.

Offline darkbosque_

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #94 on: July 26, 2022, 03:46:10 PM »
Ive used pond liner from homedepo and it works well. Im sure that shop I was at during that time is still using the same blanket. This was 11yrs ago

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #95 on: July 27, 2022, 10:44:30 AM »
I've got to replace my blanket, I think I had a nick in one of my roller frames and it ripped a small hole in it which now is bigger, might look into the pond liner before I place an order for the wetsuit stuff.
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline balloonguy

• !!!
« Reply #96 on: July 27, 2022, 11:34:17 AM »
I have used a bicycle tire patch kit. It will not hold forever but long enough to get a new blanket.
When you dig grave will you make it shallow so that I can feel the rain?

Offline Admiral

« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2022, 04:32:47 PM »
I have used a bicycle tire patch kit. It will not hold forever but long enough to get a new blanket.

EPDM roof repair tape is probably great too.  Fire a heat gun on it for a bit maybe?