Author Topic: what to mix to get a Fluorescent Orange  (Read 2062 times)

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
what to mix to get a Fluorescent Orange
« on: November 12, 2013, 12:05:07 PM »
Hey guys any one know what I can mix to get close to Union Inks Inferno Orange, not trying to hit it dead on the head but close, only need a Qt of this stuff, I can order but time is not on my side right now.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
Re: what to mix to get a Fluorescent Orange
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 12:18:50 PM »
I think that because of the Fluorescent requirement, you are out of luck on this one.

Hell, I go crazy when a seemingly normal color in the Mixopake system requires a Fluorescent as one of it's components.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 12:46:29 PM »
Thanks Andy, I kind of figured that

D

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 12:47:18 PM »
Thats because Pantone usues their own master colors to create the books on paper and us mere mortals do not have access to them. You'll notice for instance that Pantone only uses their 800 series of colors in the expanded 800 series offering. Take 186 red; the Pantone formula has three ingredients (warm red, rubine, and black) while the Rutland formula has four (flo red, scarlet, red, and white) with no black. The overwhelming largest component is the flo red, which Pantone doesn't really even have (closest is 805) Now CCI claims to have matched the Pantone colors as PC ingredients for their DC formulas. I have not tried their system out due to lack of need to do so but if they have well that was smart.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 01:00:23 PM »
if you have a fluorescent yellow, a little bit of red or orange might move you in the right direction. In the end, you will need a flue color to mix a fluo ink.
If it is a stock color, you might be able to order just a quart. Even if shipped overnight it can't be that expensive!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2013, 05:30:26 PM »
Thanks guys I just ordered some and back the job up one day, I hate doing that, should have got this done last week but just slip my mind...

Darryl