Author Topic: Done Fenno - Warning - Equip Broker  (Read 18534 times)

Offline billf

Re: Done Fenno - Warning - Equip Broker
« Reply #75 on: July 20, 2015, 05:12:59 PM »
Since my post about Don I've received dozens of calls of situations very similar to mine and Junior's and some much worse.  My only advice to each of them is to post online about it so others don't get screwed.  Most of the people I speak to chose not to under the concern that it's going to harm pending litigation.  Whomever said something about a horse race is exactly right, Junior's money is now part of his Ponzi scheme and he's attempting to cover up another worse situation.   Nothing like good ole $63K cash injection for free at someone else's expense.  I honestly don't know how Don is not in jail yet.  It won't be long.

Offline danlilsade

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #76 on: August 02, 2015, 02:31:01 PM »
If you are saving big money by buying used over new, you should spend some of that money on a third party technician for an "in person" inspection.  I am not defending Don, I don't know all the facts.  I am defending the broker as an option, real money can be saved and a great deal can be had.  I deal with a few other brokers on machines that we have clients in need of, a select few are honest and will do everything humanly possible to make everyone a winner in a used equipment deal.

For the brokered deal to come out well some effort on the buyer might be in order.  I can describe the condition of a machine till I am "blue in the face" and send you pictures till my data plan is "over the limit", only you can be sure of what you are picturing in your head is what you rolls up in the delivery truck.  In a lot of cases the money isn't big enough to merit the time from the buyer or the expense of out side technician (third party) on site inspection.  When the money gets large enough you need to keep control of the deal as the buyer.  Any Broker that doesn't want you or your representative to to do a pre-purchase inspection/or be on site when the truck loads and payment in finalized is hiding something. 

I have dealt with "bill f" and it went well.  The machine I purchased was rough but was not beyond repair, however I inspected it before buying and paid after that inspection (went into the deal with my eyes open).

Paying "Up Front" is up to you, $50k for new 10 color press with some hold back or $20k for a used one.  New machines break and have issues, so do used ones.  Is the 10% you get hold back on that new press a "warm and fuzzy"?  When January comes (and that sweet little lease payment also) is the machine you could afford or the one that you overspent on, going be in your shop in June?

This situation has no easy answers, not all brokers are thieves, not all deals are good.  You as a buyer (the guy with the money) are driving the bus, take control... keep it out of the ditch.  "Google" people (brokers), ask vendors, ask competitors, ask anyone that you can think of.  Yes their are rats masquerading as brokers, but not all brokers are rats.  It's called Due Diligence, take the initiative to protect your hard earned money.  If you are thinking of buying from someone and all you have to go by is the name they are presenting to world on these message boards, send me an e-mail (ch54panel@yahoo.com) I will tell you the guy's actual name and you can do the research (I am pretty sure I know all of them).
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 04:16:34 PM by danlilsade »

Offline jrbestinknthread

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2015, 07:43:30 PM »
i agree with you 100% like anybody else i am not perfect i was looking for a machine put out the word like anybody else would to anybody that i knew almost just went new and a local broker by the name of steve vermillion refer me to a broker name don fenno the deal sounded so good we jump on it because steve keep telling us that don is a real stand up guy that he is a real good person so i went with what steve told us and we have know steve for many years so we trusted him and made the deal that is why we did not look to much into it.. but to this day steve still swears by don but now i think they where both in it to screw with me and my shop and like anybody else i know they both can see these post and look how they don't defend each other or even themselves i have all the fact's just don't have my money i will keep warning people about these 2 guys because i don't think is right and they give brokers a bad name... the good thing is that are shop is still running strong i don't think they will be... anybody that is wanting to know real information about this couple of guys steve and don fenno i have plenty of facts text and proof so that you don't end up like me...

Offline danlilsade

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #78 on: August 04, 2015, 05:34:44 PM »
You are certainly justified, I know people that would get f&#$%$g violent over $63k.

Offline jrbestinknthread

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #79 on: August 04, 2015, 06:24:15 PM »
i agree but we are pursuing other avenues

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #80 on: August 05, 2015, 08:08:01 AM »
You are certainly justified, I know people that would get f&#$%$g violent over $63k.

I know people that would kill people for less than 63k...  That's not a small amount of money period. 
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #81 on: August 20, 2015, 03:05:49 PM »

I know people that would kill people for less than 63k...  That's not a small amount of money period.

Agreed.

Mr. Fenno had the time to give me a call today about my equipment needs.... I immediately brought up this thread.   

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #82 on: August 20, 2015, 03:21:00 PM »

Agreed.

Mr. Fenno had the time to give me a call today about my equipment needs.... I immediately brought up this thread.

...and he said?

Offline Sbrem

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #83 on: August 20, 2015, 03:30:17 PM »
Yes, what DID he say?

Steve

I've bought used stuff a number of times, but not without checking it first, and I have a couple of good friends who can basically fix anything at all that you put in front of them...

I made a mistake once; I thought I was wrong about something; I wasn't

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #84 on: August 20, 2015, 03:44:04 PM »
Confirmed it.  Said he has a situation where another party owes him. How that has any relevance whatsoever to the op and the situation is beyond me. 

Don't play with money that's not yours to play with.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2015, 04:07:32 PM »
Confirmed it.  Said he has a situation where another party owes him. How that has any relevance whatsoever to the op and the situation is beyond me. 

So he's basically hiding from the situation.  Epic.

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2015, 04:40:11 PM »
gross...

seriously people get kneecapped for a tenth as much.

Offline jrbestinknthread

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2015, 02:24:19 PM »
want to thank for all the support and people that email me personaly about their story and bad experiences they had with people like him i just wish people would post it so other's like me don't fall into this situation again well we did purchase a machine from m&r they read our story and reach out to us and help us out a lot with a new machine we are are still moving forward with our business but we are still working on a way to get our money back for sure that is way to much to walk away from but we will still reach out to people about don fenno and what he did to us and our company we will not stop steve vermillion till we get our money back i know you told us to stop posting about him but again your friend has not live up to his word you that guy you call a good business man anyways thanks for all the support and anybody dealing or thinking of don fenno i am willing to share all the proof you need so you don't get screw ...

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2015, 03:38:43 PM »

The two times I got stuck, I had waived the deposit (for local businesses that were re-ordering, and the owners were folks I knew from my kid's school)
They then came up with the same sad story of getting screwed or losing a big account, and now could not afford the order.
Apparently, some folks live and run their businesses hand-to-mouth, and have no reserves on which to fall back upon.

btw, both of these people finally came through, but it took a year!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?