Author Topic: scheduling software  (Read 2485 times)

Offline Ron Pierson

scheduling software
« on: July 22, 2011, 04:15:37 PM »
I'm wondering what software is used for scheduling contract embroidery? Any thoughts
Thanks in Advance
Ron

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: scheduling software
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 08:50:05 PM »
if all you are doing is scheduling, you should use google calendar.

That would be easiest, or I am sure cnet has some download for a scheduling program.  at any rate, if that is all you are doing, I wouldn't pay for it.

We use a huge white board.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 09:39:23 AM »
I'm wondering what software is used for scheduling contract embroidery? Any thoughts
Thanks in Advance
Ron

Ron,

I just recently set up TeeCal. It is amazing what a difference is to have something like it. They have a free 30 day trial and you can watch the videos to see how it works. Definitely take a look!!!!

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2011, 11:58:01 AM »
pierre, I disagree, if the only thing he is doing is scheduling, it's a waste of time and money.  If he wants shop management and order management as well, then it's a good move, but only scheduling?  I'd go with a standard calendar program.

I agree though that it would be smart to go the route of a management program for overall order management.  It makes reorders and keeping track of the details for re-orders a lot easier.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2011, 12:51:06 PM »
pierre, I disagree, if the only thing he is doing is scheduling, it's a waste of time and money.  If he wants shop management and order management as well, then it's a good move, but only scheduling?  I'd go with a standard calendar program.

I agree though that it would be smart to go the route of a management program for overall order management.  It makes reorders and keeping track of the details for re-orders a lot easier.

possibly, but also maybe not. As you said, it will depend on what he is looking for.

Even if it is only scheduling, TeeCal will offer multiple machines, auto time calculation (which makes it easier to use somebody in the office to keep everything scheduled even if they do not have the knowledge of how long it takes to do each job). For $40-$50 per month, they can have the schedule in front of their equipment, so there are some benefits, but it will depend on what Ron is looking for . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2011, 01:08:24 PM »
. We use price it it is great for pricing and scheduling and shop maintenance

Sam