Author Topic: Switching Gears - Going Green  (Read 5725 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Switching Gears - Going Green
« on: February 09, 2015, 08:37:04 PM »
With the fair amount of emails, calls, and random people stopping in my shop trying to gather bits and pieces of info regarding some talk that is going on I figured it would be a good time to let everyone here know that I've made some drastic changes here at my shop moving forward. I do not want this thread to turn into a press conference of questions so I would prefer to keep the replies to a minimum and if anyone has any specific questions you can call or email me. The last thing I want is for this to turn into a pissing match or an argument so please keep that in mind. The last disclaimer that I would like to give is my decision was 100% based upon what I feel is best for me and my business. As most of you guys know on here I have been a huge supporter of M&R and personally I have not met many people that are as stand up as Rich Hoffman himself so this decision was one that weighed heavily on me in ways much deeper then business. I have absolutely not a bad thing to say about Rich or M&R as a company as whenever I have needed them they were there for me. My equipment, cts, service and everything that I have ever purchased from M&R has exceeded my expectations so my decision had nothing to do with me not being happy with my equipment but rather the opportunity that I have in front of me is something that will give me more self satisfaction then my current situation. I will be attending trade shows and helping Roq international clients with printing, machines, and showcasing their equipment in my production plant. With my transition to SRoque equipment, I wanted to send out the invitation that if anyone is interested in viewing any of their equipment feel free to contact me about setting up a time to come tour the equipment that I will be putting in my shop. We will be installing an oval machine w/ inline foiling, 3 round automatics, and 2 large gas dryers among some other items. Anyone that purchases a machine from the guys in green will be able to contact me regarding questions on setup, artwork, etc so I'm very much looking forward to helping others out anyway I can. But I wanted to just clear the air as I'm spending half my day answering questions regarding what my shop's plans are LOL....... Now everyone has the news, and since I'm on the other side of those guys in blue now please go easy on me  ;) ;) ;)
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
Re: Switching Gears - Going Green
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2015, 08:47:11 PM »
Your skills will work on Blue, Green, Red, Brown, White, it doesnt matter!  Good luck buddy, not that you need it.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 08:50:50 PM »
Damnit, I was hoping this was about being eco friendly :/

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 08:58:33 PM »
Surprising obviously, but must have been worth the deal. Nobody can hold anything against someone for coming up on a good deal or making some worth while operational changes. You go get'm.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline cbjamel

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2015, 09:10:16 PM »
With the fair amount of emails, calls, and random people stopping in my shop trying to gather bits and pieces of info regarding some talk that is going on I figured it would be a good time to let everyone here know that I've made some drastic changes here at my shop moving forward. I do not want this thread to turn into a press conference of questions so I would prefer to keep the replies to a minimum and if anyone has any specific questions you can call or email me. The last thing I want is for this to turn into a pissing match or an argument so please keep that in mind. The last disclaimer that I would like to give is my decision was 100% based upon what I feel is best for me and my business. As most of you guys know on here I have been a huge supporter of M&R and personally I have not met many people that are as stand up as Rich Hoffman himself so this decision was one that weighed heavily on me in ways much deeper then business. I have absolutely not a bad thing to say about Rich or M&R as a company as whenever I have needed them they were there for me. My equipment, cts, service and everything that I have ever purchased from M&R has exceeded my expectations so my decision had nothing to do with me not being happy with my equipment but rather the opportunity that I have in front of me is something that will give me more self satisfaction then my current situation. I will be attending trade shows and helping Roq international clients with printing, machines, and showcasing their equipment in my production plant. With my transition to SRoque equipment, I wanted to send out the invitation that if anyone is interested in viewing any of their equipment feel free to contact me about setting up a time to come tour the equipment that I will be putting in my shop. We will be installing an oval machine w/ inline foiling, 3 round automatics, and 2 large gas dryers among some other items. Anyone that purchases a machine from the guys in green will be able to contact me regarding questions on setup, artwork, etc so I'm very much looking forward to helping others out anyway I can. But I wanted to just clear the air as I'm spending half my day answering questions regarding what my shop's plans are LOL....... Now everyone has the news, and since I'm on the other side of those guys in blue now please go easy on me  ;) ;) ;)

So... I have to ask are you getting rid of all blue and associated items or ???
For all of us wondering whats up with all the old equipment  ;) etc..
Sorry to see you leave blue.
Shane

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2015, 09:48:57 PM »
No I will not be getting rid of all my m&r stuff in fact they have a few machines that I'd like to purchase soon. It's not like I'm ditching everything blue lol... But my presses and dryers are switching. Cts, coater and other things I'm still using because for my shop I believe in them. As for my old presses and stuff most likely will be sold by brokers.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2015, 10:51:56 PM »
Heck yeah! This should be exciting.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline californiadreamin

• !!!
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 12:48:24 AM »
Good Luck In Your New Venture!
A Great Product, Good Print Knowledge, Youth, Speed, Determination, Good Funding,  And Honest.
Sounds Like A Great Lap At The Track To Me! With coming industry changes, you just might get
one heck of a tailwind!
winston

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 12:51:29 AM »
Hey!  Looky who just dropped in.  Nice to see you again Winston.
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 07:30:46 AM »
Regardless of color of equipment, YOU have the talent and the talent around you to make amazing prints. I have no doubt you will succeed regardless.  I am excited for your shop/growth. Perfect example of what ive said a 100 times that ANYONE can screen print even at a average level, but shops with great artists and high drive for the next level will always shine.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline 1964GN

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 09:29:54 AM »
It's an exciting time, congrats! We are finally get ourselves dialed into our new YOU 12/16 and loving every minute of it.

Offline willy35

• www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2015, 04:18:32 AM »
How is screensetup on SROQUE press compare to M&R trilock ?

www.broceliande-serigraphie.com
San Gen Shugi - real place (Gen-ba), real part (Gen-butsu), reality (Gen-jitsu)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2015, 07:59:54 AM »
Much faster if you use films, and just faster if you are CTS.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2015, 01:20:56 PM »
Regardless of color of equipment, YOU have the talent and the talent around you to make amazing prints.

All of you remember this statement ^ if another equipment company tries to promote there gear here.  Danny good luck guy which you need none, but I'm for one very interested in the Sroq machines, looking at the how the machines works reminds me of the old Multi Printers with a hell of a lot better technology under the hood. Never know one day I my show up at your door eyes big and wanting to learn a little something, looking forward to your reports.

darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2015, 01:42:42 PM »
Much faster if you use films, and just faster if you are CTS.

how do the sroque systems work with the CTS?
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285