Author Topic: Introduction and a question  (Read 675 times)

Offline telvs

Introduction and a question
« on: December 10, 2015, 04:50:55 AM »
Hello everyone

Firstly I'd like to say thanks for all of the great information that you all provide.
I've learnt a lot over the last few months that I've been looking at this forum!

I'm a screen printer in the UK, working on a manual (4/4 sidewinder) press for about 2 years now.
I work on my own and don't have any employees or colleagues. The amount of work has grown steadily since I moved to a 750 sq ft unit, to the stage that I think an automatic press is the next step.

My current unit is too small and doesn't have 3 phase power. I've got another one lined up which is the perfect size and price for me to grow into.
It will be a few months wait, but is worth it in my opinion.

I've found someone selling their entire screen printing setup not far from me. While I'm not in the position to get everything, he is happy to sell things individually.
and I'm thinking about buying a couple of things to get the next strep started...
A used M&R Red Chilli with extra bulbs
A used rotary screw compressor with chiller (serviced regularly) - that he used for his Gauntlet Revolver 2

I could get both of these for about the same price as a new red chilli, and I have enough room to store them until needed.
I'm pretty sure that this is a good plan, but what do you guys think?

Sorry for the long post! Just thought I'd give as much info as possible  :)

Thanks again for all of your advice.
Cheers
Tom