Author Topic: Great Opportunity for shirt printer  (Read 3247 times)

Offline vinstr

Great Opportunity for shirt printer
« on: January 04, 2012, 07:13:52 PM »
I have a very successful line of dog breed specific shirts (and other products) I sell and print myself with my Brother GT-541.  I am now looking to get out of the business of printing them myself and have a great opportunity for the right partner who can print and fulfill orders.  I have another job in a completely different field which has been taking up more and more of my time.  Over the past few years I been dedicating less and less time to the shirt business and now would like to exit it entirely, although it is still very profitable.

I photographed, created and own all rights to many outstanding designs which sell very, very well.  Rather than sell my business for a lump sum I would like to just have a capable printer take it over and pay me a royalty on sales.  I would ideally like to find a company already selling online and capable of selling not only shirts but also many other items which I am constantly asked to sell (I do also offer mouse pads and just recently expanded to bibs, tote bags and aprons which all sold very well).

I could not keep up with orders over the holidays and had to take some of my sites offline for awhile.

Here is the basics of my business: I sell all my own designs via my website: www.VincentStrangioStore.com and via my ebay store: http://stores.ebay.com/VincentStrangioStore

and on Amazon via an Amazon web store.  My eBay store has over 17,700 positive feedbacks- all from my shirts and my Amazon store is also very highly ranked on their site so all listings get excellent placement.  I have affiliate arrangements via Share A Sale set up for my website.  When I was actually marketing my business I did upwards of $200k in gross sales with HUGE margins (I price my shirts for around $20/shirt with shipping so I net a profit of at least $10 per shirt minimum, after all expenses and fees are paid.)  I could do a lot more sales and get even better placement on eBay and Amazon by lowering my sales price but I cannot handle the volume- I did lower it a few dollars one quarter and had too much business, so I raised them back up as I can only handle enough to do this part time.

For the past few years I have done ZERO advertising/marketing/updating of my sites and products and have just handled the sales that do come in.  I had a few stores that I sold my shirts wholesale to ($9 per shirt) and they sold them in their stores, but I stopped that and never responded to about 2 dozen other wholesale requests I received as I just did not want the business.  Also I get constant requests to sell shirts in other colors and am positive I could double sales by just adding other colors besides white shirts but have no interest in buying another printer or expanding more...But I still did about $100k in gross sales in 2011 even after completely ignoring with business.

So in short, I am looking to find a company who does this full time and is looking for a great opportunity to expand.  For the ideal company, I would license all rights to all my designs (I have over 500 different high quality designs for over 80 different dog breeds and a few cats, which you can see on my website).  I also have trademarked the 'Professional Human Trainer' saying.  You would have all rights to them to sell them on anything you like and anywhere you like.  You can take over my websites and/or sell them on your site.  And hopefully you can expand to color shirts, mugs, stickers, plaques, hats and all the other types of items I get requests for and you are able to print- all designs would look great on many additional products- I just added the totes, bibs and aprons this year and was amazed how well they did without ANY advertising at all- I just uploaded the image on a new product to my existing sites.  I would also give you the wholesale requests I have received so you could follow up with them

Currently, I give 10% of my profits to animal rescue groups and still am able to net at least $10 per item sold. (The only place customers see the 10% donation is on eBay and most do not even know that’s the case, so stopping the 10% donation should have no effect on sales.)  I would ask for a licensing fee of 10% on each item sold, so you would be just as profitable as I was should you wish to end the 10% donations.  It would be nice to find a company already licensing designs and with experience in paying/tracking royalties, but it is not necessary.  I am more interested in finding an aggressive company who has experience selling online, marketing online and fulfilling orders online who really would like to expand the product offerings and distribution.

All my designs are already top sellers on Amazon and eBay so I enjoy very good placement.  I know these designs sell and I know the business is profitable. I also know that the right company can really expand and improve this business well beyond what I did part time, by myself, with absolutely no advertising and marketing.  Please email me if you are interested in talking and discussing different options, including purchasing it outright and/or my Brother printer.

-Vince Strangio

sales@vincentstrangiostore.com

www.Vincentstrangiostore.com

http://stores.ebay.com/VincentStrangioStore

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Great Opportunity for shirt printer
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 07:54:54 PM »
Interesting.  Bet the inventory is a nightmare, and possibly a significant amount of money, since you really have to maintain stock for ALL designs in a full VARIETY of sizes.  It would be way too costly to have nothing and create multiple screens just for one of this or one of that. 

Unless, of course, you're doing it all with transfers.

Just my thoughts.

Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 10:06:03 PM »
Interesting.  Bet the inventory is a nightmare, and possibly a significant amount of money, since you really have to maintain stock for ALL designs in a full VARIETY of sizes.  It would be way too costly to have nothing and create multiple screens just for one of this or one of that. 

Unless, of course, you're doing it all with transfers.

Just my thoughts.
I think he is doing it dtg, read his first paragraph..;)

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 09:57:47 AM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

My Bad!  Tks.

It could probably work then........for the right individual and investment.......wonder what that would be. 

« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 10:06:30 AM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 10:28:04 AM »
OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

My Bad!  Tks.

It could probably work then........for the right individual and investment.......wonder what that would be. 

A Kornit breeze and the brother will allow the right person to run with this.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 10:35:59 AM »
Guess what i have a Kornit

Offline jason-23

• FONTNINJA
« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2012, 11:06:37 AM »
Im very interested in this......