Author Topic: corel changes my colors  (Read 1957 times)

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
corel changes my colors
« on: December 11, 2012, 08:42:20 AM »
can someone suggest a soulution...
a typical corel file all colors are correct, created on computer #1 say in my shop. Later at home or on another shop computer when i select the file to open the preview shows the correct colors, the way it was created however when I open the file some of the colors are changed mostly to black.
Any ideas how to fix this or what setting i have screwed up?

mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
Re: corel changes my colors
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2012, 10:41:28 AM »
Are you saving as a Corel file? I had trouble with that saving as a PDF once.

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2012, 12:55:28 PM »
yes always, this happens on native files never taken out of the Corel environment.
there has to be some default setting or something that re-rites the file it really has me pizzdoff
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline inkman996

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2012, 12:58:11 PM »
All I know is it has something to do with palettes. Its an issue with legacy versions being opened in newer versions, I never heard it happening with same version corel files.

Maybe check the color management settings on all installed Corels and see if they match, plus check default palettes and things like that.

Open one of the funky files eye drop the bad color and see what it is telling you.
"No man is an island"

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2012, 01:06:25 PM »
Interesting...  You may be on to something....if I create in corel 12 save and open in 12 the colors change as described before. However if i open the same corel 12 file in X4 there is no change in the colors from the original? ? ? ? ?  ::)
BTW this has not always been the case this crap just started about a couple of months ago.

mooseman

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2012, 01:26:04 PM »
My similar dilemma is X6 changing my blacks in old v12 or X4  to the less dense CYMK black. I'm pretty sure that I have some sort of new default I have to change.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline aauusa

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2012, 01:33:51 PM »
My similar dilemma is X6 changing my blacks in old v12 or X4  to the less dense CYMK black. I'm pretty sure that I have some sort of new default I have to change.

This is what I have had happened to me as well when i went from x4 to x6   I have not quite figured out what is causing it nor how to make is stop.  It is not that bid of an issue for me but when I save a x6 file back to a 12 version and the embroidery dept opens it up the colors are all whacked.  this is the biggest issue we have with this issue

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2012, 09:23:10 PM »
I haven't had any issues going from X3 to X6 All the colours stay put. Of course files from others still suck, my Rip hates G:1 and other such silly colours.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2012, 09:54:04 PM »
I haven't had any issues going from X3 to X6 All the colours stay put. Of course files from others still suck, my Rip hates G:1 and other such silly colours.
What black(s) did you use in X3 for one color prints?
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?