Artist > General Art Discussions

When good threads go bad

(1/3) > >>

Frog:
A cautionary tale. Do as I say, not as I do.

This thread initially began during the growing list of Internet resources.

--- Quote from: letteringguy on April 08, 2011, 03:34:43 PM ---Go to www.letterheadfonts.com  and buy the "Ragged Brad" font (it's mine!) so I can finish building my old hot rod truck! lol

--- End quote ---

I don't know about buying your font, but maybe I'll be sending down Gas and Oli Tanks for striping.

It says California, where?

letteringguy:
I like how this went from a where to find cool clipart to now Brad has to go do work in the garage! Perfect!  ;D

Frog:
Probably one of my most endearing qualities (or annoying forum traits) is what I like to call dynamic tangential threading, and other folks call going off-topic!
One thing leads to another. I followed the link, the link talked about you and your other interests, etc, etc.

Sometimes a PM will be more appropriate.

DraginInk:

--- Quote from: Frog on April 09, 2011, 12:24:34 PM ---Probably one of my most endearing qualities (or annoying forum traits) is what I like to call dynamic tangential threading, and other folks call going off-topic!
One thing leads to another. I followed the link, the link talked about you and your other interests, etc, etc.

Sometimes a PM will be more appropriate.

--- End quote ---

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=thread%20hijacking

--- Quote ---1.    Thread Jacking

Taking over a thread on a message board by taking a part of the original posted topic, twisting it around and "hijacking" the thread itself. What happens is that the original content contained in the post becomes moot and whatever the "Thread Jacker" has manipulated the content to be becomes the new content thereby "hijacking" the original intent of post. People now respond to the "thread jacker's" input and the that becomes the focus of the tread.
--- End quote ---

Keeps it interesting, Frog ;)
Jack On  :o

blue moon:
I am thinking the administrator (the guilty party in this case?) might want to split this thread . . .

anybody else with me?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version