Author Topic: Green Galaxy...  (Read 20914 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: Green Galaxy...
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2013, 03:51:29 PM »
I'm testing the waterbase comet white right now...... I'll post tomorrow with what I find but so far this is one of the best white inks out of the bucket we have tested. This is not a discharge product so we are printing the same as we would print plastisol..... Right now I'm doing a print flash print with a big white solid image and so far it's pretty very very nice...Flashes in similar time then our plastisol we are using and the coverage is really nice. I'll report back to you guys tomorrow but so far this is a very nice ink.

Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 08:09:15 PM »
still nothing from anyone on this?  I am reading some stuff over at the t-shirt forum, but man I HATE that forum, TONS of bad info.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Rockers

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 08:38:14 PM »
We did use the waterbased Comet White yesterday on 60/40 black polo shirts. Prints real good no drying in the screen and very opaque. No bleeding.
Used as well the Meteor white plastisol yesterday on red sweaters. Prints very nice, looks a bit glossy after the first flash but once it`s fully cured the gloss effect is  not too bad. It prints like a dream even through high mesh counts. Sits very thin on top of the sweats we have done. If it wouldn`t be for the 70 gallons of Wilfex Olympia White we still have I would probably switch right away to that white.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:53:58 PM by Rockers »

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 08:52:15 PM »
Rocker, you have the names backwards.

I just got a 5 gallon of meteor (plastisol)... My guy likes it, but we are probably as qualified as that other forum. ;)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 08:56:02 PM »
I am reading some stuff over at the t-shirt forum, but man I HATE that forum, TONS of bad info.

What did they try to put the ink in their DTG printers? :D

I really like the Green Galaxy inks. He has a WB system also that is supposed to be the bees knees, but I have yet to sample it.
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline dirkdiggler

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 08:59:09 PM »
I am reading some stuff over at the t-shirt forum, but man I HATE that forum, TONS of bad info.

What did they try to put the ink in their DTG printers? :D

I really like the Green Galaxy inks. He has a WB system also that is supposed to be the bees knees, but I have yet to sample it.

Have you ever read some of the questions over there?  And the answers people give?  Surprised anybody gets anything done if they follow some of the advice I read over there.
If he gets up, we'll all get up, IT'LL BE ANARCHY!-John Bender

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 09:08:14 PM »
I picked up a qt of the Meteor white but have yet to try it, did crack it open and that stuff is creamy as heck as far as I can tell, how does it do with fiber matte down? Anyone?

Offline Colin

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Ink and Chemical Product Manager
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2013, 09:56:34 PM »
Fiber Matte on the gallon I got was lousy.  Also, due to the thin/low viscosity it does not hold edge detail as well as we want.  The ink was tested at 50-60 degrees.......  If it was printed at press running temp of above 70 Degrees it would be waaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to thin.

We will choose the inconsistent Street Fighter cotton white over the sample of Meteor white.  Sorry Nick.

Testing was on a Delta 100% cotton shirt.  The after flash tack was also very noticeable.....  We also noticed a lot of gloss to the finished print.
Been in the industry since 1996.  5+ years with QCM Inks.  Been a part of shops of all sizes and abilities both as a printer and as an Artist/separator.  I am now the Ink and Chemical Product Manager at Ryonet.

Offline Prosperi-Tees

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Common Sense - Get Some
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2013, 09:59:12 PM »
Fiber Matte on the gallon I got was lousy.  Also, due to the thin/low viscosity it does not hold edge detail as well as we want.  The ink was tested at 50-60 degrees.......  If it was printed at press running temp of above 70 Degrees it would be waaaaaayyyyyyyyyy to thin.

We will choose the inconsistent Street Fighter cotton white over the sample of Meteor white.  Sorry Nick.

Testing was on a Delta 100% cotton shirt.  The after flash tack was also very noticeable.....  We also noticed a lot of gloss to the finished print.
Well im glad I only got a $10 quart of it! Lol.

Offline starchild

« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2013, 10:11:01 PM »

Haha.. I got put in the penalty box a few months ago on that forum because I claimed it's mostly kaka.. But I use to talk kaka too.. If after a year the same people are still espousing the same garrbarrge.. It's time to move on.

Posted with Tapatalk

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 10:20:58 PM »

Haha.. I got put in the penalty box a few months ago on that forum because I claimed it's mostly kaka.. But I use to talk kaka too.. If after a year the same people are still espousing the same garrbarrge.. It's time to move on.

Posted with Tapatalk

Well, it is what it is. Certainly popular as anything can be, and a gold mine to advertisers (like Ryonet)
We wish Rodney and his bunch well, and expect to see some of those members gravitate to the next level and hopefully find us!
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline starchild

« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 10:23:19 PM »
Frog I don't mean to sound selfish.. But I hope it's not a thundering herd.

Posted with Tapatalk

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 10:27:25 PM »

We wish Rodney and his bunch well, and expect to see some of those members gravitate to the next level and hopefully find us!

Frog if that is the case, you are going to need to buff up the DTG and clothing line sections here! :D:D
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 10:37:42 PM »

Frog if that is the case, you are going to need to buff up the DTG and clothing line sections here! :D:D

And carpentry tips for DIY presses.  : ;D

Guys, I was all about the real down and dirty start-ups when I first did the forum thing, and it was very gratifying to see that I could be a help to that niche.
I had actually hoped, when we began this place, (to the chagrin of some members) that we would get more newbie action.
Kinda' nice when the majority of newbie answers are not from peers, with the blind being lead by the cross-eyed.
At any rate, as we told Kwan recently, ask away, and we will all do our best to help.
Come in here with a bit of a foundation, and ask away more speciifically, and we will do even better, and you will get a wealth of information from some seasoned pros.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 10:59:13 PM »

I had actually hoped, when we began this place, (to the chagrin of some members) that we would get more newbie action.

Frog I bet there are way more newbies gaining knowledge than you think. They are just reading up and or lurking. I know I was a lurker for quite some time. Looking in to this forum from the outside it is obvious people know each other or have built up a good relationship, and it can be intimidating to just jump in. It took me a while, but I feel comfortable being a smart ass now and chiming in on things I think I know about 8)
You guys have a good thing going here. I can't tell you how relieving it is to check the boards on my phone when the wife is yaping, sometimes I can block her out completely! :D
Alex

www.twincitytees.com