Author Topic: Chameleon pic  (Read 2509 times)

Offline Croft

Chameleon pic
« on: November 11, 2013, 01:22:32 PM »
I am adding air clamps to my Chameleon , could anyone with one with air clamps snap a couple of pics for me I need to see tube routing and set up.
  I need a pic of the switch from the back side and where the air tube goes from there to the centre hub of machine. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
Re: Chameleon pic
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 02:31:33 PM »
I am adding air clamps to my Chameleon , could anyone with one with air clamps snap a couple of pics for me I need to see tube routing and set up.
  I need a pic of the switch from the back side and where the air tube goes from there to the centre hub of machine. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
If you are adding air locks for the first time to this press there are a few o rings that have to be added to the center shaft if you are going to use our manifold. If you need help with this let me know.
Rich Hoffman

Offline RichN

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:36:07 PM »
Contact our service department at 1-800-483-8765. They can set you up with everything you need.
Rich Nesladek
M&R Sales & Service, Inc. Director of Sales / Western Division 831-420-1390 rich.nesladek@mrprint.com

Offline Croft

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2013, 02:40:29 PM »
Thanks
If you are adding air locks for the first time to this press there are a few o rings that have to be added to the center shaft if you are going to use our manifold. If you need help with this let me know.

Well that was my next question , hadn't opened it up yet and couldn't remember if they were there when i assembled.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2013, 03:43:36 PM »
Thanks
Drawing sent!
Rich Hoffman

Offline Croft

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2013, 04:29:27 PM »
Thanks got it

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2013, 11:13:51 PM »
Here is the one  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Croft

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2013, 07:59:38 AM »
at least its not its back side :)

Offline Croft

« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 04:55:06 PM »
Thanks

Hope you had a good thanksgiving, Im adding the air locks this weekend , I have 2 last questions

-for these rubber "O" rings should I put a bit of Vaseline or grease on them when I put them in there groove.?
-and for grease why is lithium suggested over say the SUPER LUBE synthetic grease?  I was surprised to see how gummy and dry  the lithium had gotten on the bearings .

Thanks

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 07:06:44 PM »
You can use the synthetic or magnalube. Both will work well. White lithium is good as well
Rich Hoffman

Offline Croft

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 12:08:53 PM »
new pic anyone have a chameleon with air , I need to fill these this hole( and one on opposite side) , I'm assuming they are air feeders for an optional duo deck.
   I am using 1/8" npt plug but they are tapered and it will not go in far enough to be flush, they need to be so that a collar can be slid onto shaft. This is my only air leak and need to get printing today
Have got a call into M&R but haven't heard back.

Offline 244

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 12:34:55 PM »
new pic anyone have a chameleon with air , I need to fill these this hole( and one on opposite side) , I'm assuming they are air feeders for an optional duo deck.
   I am using 1/8" npt plug but they are tapered and it will not go in far enough to be flush, they need to be so that a collar can be slid onto shaft. This is my only air leak and need to get printing today
Have got a call into M&R but haven't heard back.
We use a set screw 1/8-27 NPTF. our part number is 5000102. the 4  O rings used are 2017153
Rich Hoffman