Author Topic: HELP ME Buy a Right Automatic Screen printing machines  (Read 30574 times)

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: HELP ME Buy a Right Automatic Screen printing machines
« Reply #105 on: December 14, 2013, 04:03:12 PM »
Attending ISS would be most beneficial to you Kwan. 8)
Thanks Sparkie, I may chose this route.

Problem is, you would not get the deduction you are looking for (my guess why you have to buy before the end of the year) as it does not apply to used equipment.pierre
Thanks Pierre, You absolutely correct on above.
We can wait to have machine until march, but we trying to make a purchase in year 2013.

for the deduction to qualify, the equipment has to be in operation before the end of the year. Just paying for it is not enough.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Kwan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #106 on: December 14, 2013, 04:48:43 PM »
for the deduction to qualify, the equipment has to be in operation before the end of the year. Just paying for it is not enough.

pierre
I Agreed, but let this part to be on a side, Its not my department (lol)

Offline ZooCity

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #107 on: December 14, 2013, 10:05:13 PM »
Used equipment qualifies for a sec179 deduction but I think it does not qualify for something referred to as "bonus depreciation".... I hate our tax code, could it be anymore labyrinthine? 

Anyways, looking at your list of pricing and needs, the Diamondback would probably yield the best and fastest ROI.  Best possible service/support, enough press to do what you're talking about, nice low price even when you add in the cost of a compressor/chiller.  Resell value (and ease of re-selling) is very high with the M&R gear so an upgrade down the road would be simple provided you took good care of the machine. 

The Freedom is all-air and will take a larger compressor than the others. 

If you think your imprints will become much more complex or that you'll need to run the press very quickly then pony up for the sroque. 

There are many other uses in a shop for compressed air outside of running a press.  Don't shy away from presses that need air unless noise might be a major concern. Maybe look for a used Brown if you'd really like the all-electric/no air setup. The quote for a new Brown you listed is priced way too high in my opinion.  I'm sure the press serves many folks very well but it is simply not in the same class as other presses in the $40k range, not even close.  I am not ripping on any brand of press here but someone should let you know that this would not be a sound decision at that price.

Offline Kwan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #108 on: December 14, 2013, 10:59:52 PM »
Thanks for your valuable input, Off course Resale valued in important.
(Sorry used equipment is not an option for us (reason: warranty Issues)

I was offered two years lease option as well, Please fellas' give your opinions on this..

Offline Sparkie

« Reply #109 on: December 15, 2013, 07:42:48 PM »
I did a 3 year lease because it was pretty much my only choice for my situation at the time. I would have preferred to purchase, but it wasn't in the cards. I will own the ElectraPrint with a small buyout at lease end. If you do decide to lease, PLEASE make sure you read and understand what it is your are signing. Some leasing companies will add some pretty off the wall clauses that could end up costing you big time in the end.

Also, talk to your accountant for pros/cons of lease vs purchase for your situation.

- Mark

Offline RichN

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #110 on: December 16, 2013, 03:19:35 PM »
Kwan. Leasing may be the best way for you to go starting out like you are. if you qualify, low down payment, possibly first and last payment only, You can take the tax deduction, keeps you in the new equipment market rather than buying someone's used press due to money needed to secure lease rather than purchase out right, and most important for a start up like you, you can choose from either keeping the press after the term of the lease or give it back and upgrade to a new model with more colors, larger imprint area and newest technology rather than having to sell it yourself. Private message Stan or myself and we can give you many options on leases. Good luck.
Rich Nesladek
M&R Sales & Service, Inc. Director of Sales / Western Division 831-420-1390 rich.nesladek@mrprint.com

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #111 on: December 17, 2013, 10:11:08 AM »
umm, I am thinking a new press is overkill.  Personally, I would get a good used to possibly rebuilt press.  If I did this, I would go M&R all the way unless you found a good deal on an MHM.  M&R's are durable and can be found easily.  Get a late 90's-early 2000's Gaunlet and you will be happy...best of all you can find 6 colors for under $10k, most of the time with a compressor thrown in.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #112 on: December 17, 2013, 11:42:44 AM »
umm, I am thinking a new press is overkill.  Personally, I would get a good used to possibly rebuilt press.  If I did this, I would go M&R all the way unless you found a good deal on an MHM.  M&R's are durable and can be found easily.  Get a late 90's-early 2000's Gaunlet and you will be happy...best of all you can find 6 colors for under $10k, most of the time with a compressor thrown in.

I'll have to disagree with you here. First time user should start with a new press. The struggle to figure out if it's him or the press might be enough to throw in the towel. When going with a new press at least you know the problem is on the operator side rather than the press. If buying used (for a first press) I would say at most six months worth of use on it.
If they are going to hire an experienced operator, things are different though . . .

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #113 on: December 17, 2013, 11:48:37 AM »
pierre, you ignorant sl#t.

Just kidding.  Seriously though, you could buy a good used press, and still pay for a factory tech to install it, and train you on it.  The older gauntlets are about as simple to run as any machine.

Also, I wouldn't buy just any machine, I would get a refurb.  You can check with M&R as they sometimes have really good used presses.  Heck you might be able to find something that is only a few years old that another shop purchased and couldn't make the payments on.

Offline GraphicDisorder

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Bottom Feeder
« Reply #114 on: December 17, 2013, 11:54:03 AM »
IMO if its a long term deal they plan to print 2.5k - 5k shirts a week or whatever it was and they have no experience.  I would for sure go new.  Aren't they giving away these shirts?  I don't really think the press is really that expensive to them at that point when you consider that costs.
Brandt | Graphic Disorder | www.GraphicDisorder.com
@GraphicDisorder - Instagram | Facebook | Twitter | Youtube

Offline Kwan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #115 on: December 17, 2013, 06:28:50 PM »
Thank to all for great feedbacks.

First time user should start with a new press. The struggle to figure out if it's him or the press might be enough to throw in the towel. When going with a new press at least you know the problem is on the operator side rather than the press. If buying used (for a first press) I would say at most six months worth of use on it.
pierre
I agreed,
Buying a piece of used equipment can present a challenge. It’s a bit of a gamble, depending on how the deal is approached. The challenge is to unlock the hidden secrets of repair that may be needed on any piece of machinery that has been previously used.

WARRANTY is very important to us.
We want equipment comes with full warranty, the new machine's warranty is untouched. You can buy warranties for used machine or go the certified preowned route, but the best warranty you can get—without paying extra—will be the one that comes with a new machine from the manufacturer.

Offline Kwan

• Verified/Junior
« Reply #116 on: December 29, 2013, 10:47:46 AM »
Got my ticket and I'm heading to ISS, Can't wait to meet you all.