Author Topic: Finally finished my backlit registration board!  (Read 2207 times)

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Finally finished my backlit registration board!
« on: January 28, 2014, 03:15:17 PM »
Kinda self-explanatory other than the black bungee that holds the frame against the stops.  I have a registration pallet similar to M&R that goes on the press for quick setups. I attached the board to my screen room with hinges and ran the switch wiring inside. Ugly, but works!

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
Re: Finally finished my backlit registration board!
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2014, 04:26:44 PM »
Question, is that square for a left chest print, if so it looks to be on the wrong side, just looking at it are you taping your screens from the back?....other than that nice setup.

Darryl

Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!

Offline Lizard

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2014, 05:23:35 PM »
Nice, I've used a similar setup now for six years.  Works great.
Toby
 Shirt Lizard Charlotte, NC 704-521-5225

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2014, 07:25:24 PM »
This is mine.  Lets me do exposure setup on press and then doubles for easy lineup registration to print. 

3 pins to bump the screens against for each.

Platen was made from MDF and is about 1/2 inch smaller than MZX frames so the bottom of the roller is on the platen and hang outside the platen just enough to bump the pin on the right side.  Frame hangs just inside at my end when slid into the the clamp area (open to tape for exposure and closed to lock in for printing).
« Last Edit: January 30, 2014, 12:43:10 AM by screenxpress »
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline IntegrityShirts

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2014, 09:51:22 PM »
Question, is that squarremind myself a left chest print, if so it looks to be on the wrong side, just looking at it are you taping your screens from the back?....other than that nice setup.

Darryl

Dammit Darryl why you gotta point out the flaws haha.

Yeah that grid was the same one I used on my first board the registers from the front. I have to remind myself to NOT tape a left chest over the square.