Author Topic: Well, How's the Show? ISS Long Beach  (Read 16737 times)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: Well, How's the Show? ISS Long Beach
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2014, 03:46:03 PM »
so Alex you book ISS AC yet?

sam

Havent even had time to check when it is... I spend my time on some damn forum! ;)

But seriously, I came back to find one printer up and moved to Las Vegas Monday before I got back! Another guy told me Tuesday he needed 5 weeks leave for school. I swear it seems like employees are out to get me! Now I am thinking I may be the problem....
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline Ron Pierson

« Reply #61 on: January 22, 2014, 06:00:18 PM »
The Pierson's were there...yep, we got sick as well. Spent 2 out of 3 days holed up in a room sept the times we forced ourselves to the show. Goin' round pretty good. 48 hrs and recovering - pain in the a$$

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2014, 01:17:18 PM »
Well its been a week since LB ISS 2014 and I'm still doing follow up e-mails.

How about a report from Megan and Pierre on their first ISS seminar preesentation experience?

I've been doing seminars long enough to know that I don't know any more about the business of decorated apparel than many in my presentations I just have a big mouth and don't mind talking in front of a crowd.

Megan & Pierre, can you share your thoughts on how it went for the rest of the board since you were brave enough to give it a shot. :D 

Thanks in advance,

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2014, 10:33:44 AM »

How about a report from Megan and Pierre on their first ISS seminar preesentation experience?

I've been doing seminars long enough to know that I don't know any more about the business of decorated apparel than many in my presentations I just have a big mouth and don't mind talking in front of a crowd.

Megan & Pierre, can you share your thoughts on how it went for the rest of the board since you were brave enough to give it a shot. :D 

Thanks in advance,

~Kitson

right there with you Greg! I keep telling ppl I just like to share my OPINIONS!

The class was easier and better than I expected, but not as good as it could have been. THere was too much material, so I felt rushed and did not quite deliver at 100% (not enough images, sections were slightly too long without a change of pace and should have involved the participants more). I do believe I drove the point of having a plan and the importance of sales/marketing home though.

Thanx for your support before the class! Also a big thank you to all the TSB members that made it easier to present instead of having a crowd of unfamiliar faces staring back.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #64 on: January 27, 2014, 11:19:53 AM »

Thanks in advance,

~Kitson

right there with you Greg! I keep telling ppl I just like to share my OPINIONS!

The class was easier and better than I expected, but not as good as it could have been. THere was too much material, so I felt rushed and did not quite deliver at 100% (not enough images, sections were slightly too long without a change of pace and should have involved the participants more). I do believe I drove the point of having a plan and the importance of sales/marketing home though.

Thanx for your support before the class! Also a big thank you to all the TSB members that made it easier to present instead of having a crowd of unfamiliar faces staring back.

pierre

Your class was good! I GUARANTEE for some people it was like you were speaking directly to us. There are some that "wing it"(nothing against that, just realizing not something I can do anymore) that it probably didn't hit as close to home with, but those people were all looking for the secret on how to make it big and best marketing strategy that has a 85% return.... While we all know those secrets ourselves and marketing results like that are the norm ::)  ::) ::) (can you read the sarcasm there now?) I don't think you could of made EVERYONE happy. I think the people that were there for the right reasons got a lot out of it. Personally I still wonder why the hell you chose screen printing for a gig! ;D  Even the people that were looking for the golden secret probably picked up useful information, they just don't know it yet. In 3 years if they are still printing that spreadsheet will be gold to them. Personally I would of just paid you for the spreadsheet deal....

Think ISS would want to talk to me about a class called "just wing it"?.... ;D ;D
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Online Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2014, 11:23:07 AM »

Think ISS would want to talk to me about a class called "just wing it"?.... ;D ;D

With a tie-in to a deal at Hooters after the class.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2014, 11:26:46 AM »

With a tie-in to a deal at Hooters after the class.

How did you get a copy of my proposal to ISS?  ;D ;)
Alex

www.twincitytees.com

Offline middletownink

• Verified/Junior
  • Future so bright, got to wear shades!
« Reply #67 on: January 28, 2014, 01:18:56 PM »
My experience was surprising!  I didn't think anyone would show up!  With it being the first time that ISS has done anything like my seminar it was hard for me to gage what to say and the "spirit" of how to said it.  I had a nice group of ladies that were very attentive.   But just like Pierre I feel that mine could have gone better.  After getting the feed back, I know what I would have done differently.  But all and all it was so much damn fun to chat with other business owners and hear what they had to say. 
-You Think It! - We Print It!-