Author Topic: I-image STE  (Read 4255 times)

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
Re: I-image STE
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2014, 03:29:02 PM »
Tance, I think I was in a real similar situation as you when I was looking at dts.... Don't get so caught up in crunching numbers of the consumables, do yourself a favor and just call M&R and order your unit. You will thank me later!  ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) But seriously, if your at the point where you think you can afford it and it will help your shop I can almost promise you your ready for it. When it speeds up your entire throughput by a large amount like it did in my shop you will have time to get more clients, sell more work, etc....... I know we did several hundred k more in business this past year and the biggest reason was going dts made me sell more jobs to feed our improved work flow....Just call m&r and get one going because Hoffman told me they sold 20+ units at long beach. Better get in line! LOL
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
  • Always learning new things!
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2014, 03:34:06 PM »
Danny, I understand you, there are so many different ways to look at it you could almost over analyze and never make a decision. We are moving into a new facility next month and once we get settled in there I'm thinking we may pull the trigger then. The savings in consumables is cool, but the time/labor is where I'm seeing the REAL $$$ savings, which in turn is more work and more $$$ made!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Socalfmf

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Lead, Follow or Get Out of the Way!
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2014, 03:38:54 PM »
Tance

Great to meet you and your family!  as Danny says...just do it...also I would do it now even if you are moving since they sold so many it is going to take a little while to get them out the door!

so just do it.

sam

Offline ericheartsu

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2014, 06:11:31 PM »
we are buying one in the next month.

For those of you that ordered one, or have a CTS system, what preparations did you do to your screen room so that it was properly set up for this machine? I want to make sure we do it all right!
Night Owls
Waterbased screen printing and promo products.
www.nightowlsprint.com 281.741.7285

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »
Yes I would like to hear about preparation as well

Offline tancehughes

• !!!
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2014, 06:47:21 PM »
Sam enjoyed meeting you as well, and look forward to speaking with Geoff about some things soon!

Offline DannyGruninger

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2014, 07:04:36 PM »
Not sure what each manf. suggests regarding the room prep but what we did was.....

Install dedicated power circuit for the machine only

Install a line conditioner that the machine will plug into

Install a humidity control unit so you can keep constant % of humidity in the room

Install lighting that does not expose the screen emulsion(we used a non uv led style light)

Obviously make sure the room can stay clean, free of dust, overspray from presses, etc. That's about all that we did for our small little dts room.
Danny Gruninger
Denver Print House / Lakewood Colorado
https://www.instagram.com/denverprinthouse

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2014, 08:27:21 PM »
What kind of light source. We had an Olec 5K and stand alone vacuum. Got rid of the vacuum and just hang them on a BLACK wall. We can do 1-4 at a time. There is a nice way to save time and energy when exposing mesh counts that have different "times" also. Many might consider it too little to consider, like tape.
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline Gilligan

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2014, 09:54:09 AM »
Bimm, the stE is the one that exposes also.

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2014, 12:22:04 PM »
Indeed it is. I guess I lost track of the thread. I was just going to offer some thoughts on ST. I have the STE coming in a few weeks ::)
Barth Gimble

Printing  (not well) for 35 years. Strong in licensed sports apparel. Plastisol printer. Located in Cedar Rapids, IA

Offline GKitson

• Just another t-shirt guy
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2014, 01:36:52 PM »
Indeed it is. I guess I lost track of the thread. I was just going to offer some thoughts on ST. I have the STE coming in a few weeks ::)

Dave,

Great to hear you pulled the trigger on the STE, Now I just have to visit before you get crazy busy in March.

Consider me insanely jealous of your new toy!

Keep us posted on how it changes/alters/improves your workflow.

~Kitson
Greg Kitson
Mind's Eye Graphics Inc.
260-724-2050

Offline bimmridder

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2014, 03:58:59 PM »
Look for an e-mail Greg
Barth Gimble