Author Topic: Paying for screens to be cleaned  (Read 4449 times)

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
Re: Paying for screens to be cleaned
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2014, 08:06:36 PM »
BTW - this is a gong brush.

Pads are great but they break down in haze remover and can leave plastic fibers sticking in the coarser meshes. Gong brush solves it all. You can leave it dunked in the bucket of haze remover for a week and no issues. I always go back to them.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline mimosatexas

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • contributor
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2014, 10:50:36 PM »
Evo,

You replied to another thread with a less detailed version of those steps and I have started following them, and it is working very, very well!  I just wanted to thank you.

I have a 47 gallon rhinotec diptank that holds 10 23x31 static screens and I am using one 5 gallon of Supra, and no matter what screen I have thrown in there so far the stencil is almost falling off the mesh at 5 minutes.  I card off as much ink as possible without spending too much time being OCD about it, and while the supra doesnt really eat off the ink, it does make it easy to just pressure wash off the screen.  Then scrub 701 on both sides quickly and around the frame if necessary and pressure wash.  Then rinse, rack, and done.  My screens have literally never been cleaner, and with savings on chemicals, effort, and time.

I use $0.99 scrub pads with handles from walmart and toss once every week or two when they get gross, but I will look into the gong brush.  I havent had any issues with the pads breaking down, but I'm all for a more permanent solution.

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2014, 12:07:23 PM »

Pads are great but they break down in haze remover and can leave plastic fibers sticking in the coarser meshes. Gong brush solves it all. You can leave it dunked in the bucket of haze remover for a week and no issues. I always go back to them.

Use these and you'll never again use those scrubby pads. Stopped in a shop I worked in years ago and the same two brushes I got back then are still in use today. Yes they do last that long.

I'm always on the lookout for these brushes. Hard to find ones that have a softer bristle. They are usually stiff bristled.

Anyone have a lead on some?
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline Frog

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Docendo discimus
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2014, 12:36:55 PM »

I think that more than one reader thought that when a drummer talks about using a "Gong Brush", he has re-purposed something from his drum kit!

That's one of those things that we all have used, but few have known the specific name.
That rug really tied the room together, did it not?

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2014, 12:41:35 PM »

Anyone have a lead on some?

Home Depot had some that were actually pretty soft. $4.00 each.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #35 on: February 16, 2014, 11:30:13 AM »
I used to get them from HD but the ones they have now are stiff bristle. I'm looking for the really soft bristle, found some on Zoro tools.

10" Soft Bristle Gong Brush
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services