Author Topic: Looking for a RIP. Suggestions  (Read 4759 times)

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: Looking for a RIP. Suggestions
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2014, 09:57:29 AM »
Thanks guys.
I'll try density and a variable dot.

Pierre, I might give you a call, will try to get it up and running sometimes late this afternoon.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2014, 10:10:27 AM »
SO I got to thinking and looking from this post last week. What are peoples opinions on FilmMaker vs. Wasatch SoftRIP? Looks like they are pretty much the same price if you get the desktop version(which runs the 4900 we have).
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2014, 10:48:49 AM »
SO I got to thinking and looking from this post last week. What are peoples opinions on FilmMaker vs. Wasatch SoftRIP? Looks like they are pretty much the same price if you get the desktop version(which runs the 4900 we have).

The biggest advantage Wasatch has requires the screenprinting module upgrade which drives the cost to $1.2K. I can't justify that. . . I am a huge fan of FM and especially now with few extras they introduced in version 4 it is a fantastic product, but it is possible that Wasatch is a better product. They do offer 30 day money back guarantee, so if you are shopping, I would trying it (if they really are the same price).

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!