Author Topic: Washout Booth Filter  (Read 927 times)

Offline Ryan

Washout Booth Filter
« on: January 31, 2014, 11:02:48 AM »
So I searched and read what some of the suggestions that people used. Is there anything that actually filters out the chemicals so they are so called "drain Safe"? Most of what I was reading is about getting the solids filtered out, but is there anything reasonable to filter the actual water/chemical? Because there is nothing more unsettling than having the environmental protection division show up to your door and and start drilling you with questions about chemicals going down the drain. Yes that is how my morning started :-[ so I am thinking about doing something more "environmentally" friendly.
~ryan

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
Re: Washout Booth Filter
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2014, 11:12:17 AM »
Almost all the stuff is OK to be run through the drain.
You should check MSDS for the chemical used. I do not think that you need the filter unless you are using some crazy chemicals.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2014, 11:20:10 AM »
we're on gray water here...  I'll be very interested to see what ideas come up.

waterbase and discharge inks are apparently not too safe for gray water disposal.  We clean up as much as we can and run through the dryer before rinsing, BUT, there's still a tiny bit that goes down the drain.

Offline Ryan

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2014, 11:45:34 AM »
I wouldn't think any of the chemicals are "bad" otherwise why would they even sell them. I may just be being over cautious because the authorities showed up at my door.

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2014, 12:27:45 PM »
Companies like CCI sell particle filtration units. More sophisticated filtration uses diatomaceos earth technology.

Offline jvanick

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2014, 12:29:18 PM »
Sericol recommends not even disposing with sewage or garbage:

From the Texcharge TC msds: "Must not be disposed of together with household garbage. Do not allow product to reach sewage system."

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2014, 12:33:44 PM »
Many local water authorities offer testing, often for free. This would be an excellent consideration. Even if you have to pay it would be less than a fine.