Author Topic: MAGIC - Las Vegas / Anyone Going?  (Read 2680 times)

Offline Get Shirts

MAGIC - Las Vegas / Anyone Going?
« on: February 04, 2014, 11:54:48 AM »
Has anyone ever gone to the MAGIC show in Las Vegas, or is anyone going this year?  Looks pretty comprehensive and includes some screen printing too, if I'm reading everything correctly.

I'd love to hear anyone's input on the show.

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
Re: MAGIC - Las Vegas / Anyone Going?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2014, 12:06:11 PM »
The show is usually freakin sweet! I believe Pierre is going this year, I was going to go but I need to focus on getting our vacant positions filled and back on schedule!

If memory serves me correct they do it twice a year Feb and Aug.(that maybe has changed) go to the Feb. one!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2014, 12:06:41 PM »
I've manned a booth and walked the show a few times. It is huge. Map out a strategy. A lot of walking.
Check out the Pool Show. Lot of up and coming print lines there

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2014, 12:18:33 PM »
Greg Kitson is going, as am I. Few others were talking about being there too.

what are you looking to get out of it? This is a show for the buyers to get the merchandise into their stores (think Kohl's or Macy's). The only screenprinting related stuff will be the SGIA exhibit. There are no equipment manufacturers or regular suppliers you buy shirts or consumables from. If you are looking to find out what the trends are, what's going to be on the shelf later this year (or even next) this is the place. If you are looking to bring in containers of garments from Pakistan or Bangladesh, this is also the place.

As mentioned, it is huge. Think ISS show X 10! Make sure you know what you are after, otherwise you might not get to it if just walking around.

pierre
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 12:20:37 PM by blue moon »
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 12:25:17 PM »
Bonus=Magic often coincides with the Adult Entertainment Awards Show. Got a real good story about that!

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 12:27:15 PM »
Bonus=Magic often coincides with the Adult Entertainment Awards Show. Got a real good story about that!

Good story? You helped clothed the scantly clothed with discharge printed apparel???? ;D
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #6 on: February 04, 2014, 12:57:20 PM »
Better. Way Better.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2014, 03:15:46 PM »
I have wanted to go to this show. Does anyone have info on the days and cost. Where to get a ticket/pass? or is this a invitation only thing?

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2014, 03:25:48 PM »
I have wanted to go to this show. Does anyone have info on the days and cost. Where to get a ticket/pass? or is this a invitation only thing?

http://www.magiconline.com/

make sure you say you are a buyer or you will have to pay $250 to get in.

pierre
Yes, we've won our share of awards, and yes, I've tested stuff and read the scientific papers, but ultimately take everything I say with more than just a grain of salt! So if you are looking for trouble, just do as I say or even better, do something I said years ago!

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2014, 03:29:03 PM »
Show is Feb 17 (at noon) 18, 19 and 20th.

tried to sign up but it want back to the sign up page...

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2014, 03:33:10 PM »

http://www.magiconline.com/

make sure you say you are a buyer or you will have to pay $250 to get in.

pierre

So Screen printers are ok to go there as Buyers? Anything I should know? Only a 4 hour drive for me, so I may be going. What days are you guys going? Since its during the week I don't want to go for the whole show.

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2014, 01:15:30 PM »
Ok I am all signed up. I will drive out Tuesday hit the end of the show and then be there all day Wednesday.

What should I make sure not to miss?

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2014, 01:24:53 PM »
Again, the Pool Show.

Offline blue moon

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2014, 01:52:12 PM »
Ok I am all signed up. I will drive out Tuesday hit the end of the show and then be there all day Wednesday.

ME!!!!

all kidding aside, I land around 3:30 on Tue. Can you pick me up at the airport? You did say catch the end of the show, so I figured I'd ask . . .

pierre

Offline Screened Gear

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2014, 02:34:29 PM »

ME!!!!

all kidding aside, I land around 3:30 on Tue. Can you pick me up at the airport? You did say catch the end of the show, so I figured I'd ask . . .

pierre

I don't pick up strangers from the airport. Let me figure it all out and I will see if i can make the timing right. If I get there around that time I sure will. If I get there sooner then I will be so deep in the show I will not want to come out. I will send a limo for you if you would like.