Author Topic: Foot switch on/off for pressure washer??  (Read 6923 times)

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
Re: Foot switch on/off for pressure washer??
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2014, 06:59:29 PM »
We have a power outlet for the power washer on the washout booth that is wired to a light switch on the side out of water's way. the booth plugs into a GFCI outlet. Works like a charm.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline mooseman

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2014, 05:35:44 AM »
We have a power outlet for the power washer on the washout booth that is wired to a light switch on the side out of water's way. the booth plugs into a GFCI outlet. Works like a charm.

This is the way to go, simply have a switch that works you washout lights and a switched outlet for your PW.
We have this since day one, when the back lights in the booth are on so is the PW, no guessing and quite simple.
mooseman
DUE TO CIRCUMSTANCES COMPLETELY WITHIN MY CONTROL YOU SHOULD GET YOUR OWN TEE SHIRT AND A SHARPIE MARKER BY NOON TOMORROW OR SIMPLY CALL SOMEONE WHO GIVES A SHIRT.

Offline screenprintguy

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Constantly thanking the Lord!
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2014, 10:04:07 AM »
thanks for all of the input guys. We will throw all the ideas in the bowl and see which is the best one for our set up. Appreciate everyones time!

Mike
Evolutionary Screen Printing & Embroidery
3521 Waterfield Parkway Lakeland, Fl. 33803 www.evolutionaryscreenprinting.com

Offline jsheridan

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2014, 11:37:14 AM »

It has a bypass but even then letting it run for too long without using it (more than ten minutes) is bad news.

That totally depends on your setup and where the water comes from.

Direct from hose line, then you have a few minutes as the pump goes into direct bypass.
Wrap a short hose around your washer and use that as bypass and you can now run 30 minutes or more in bypass.

Pull from a water tank that bypasses back into tank, you can run al day in bypass.
Blacktop Graphics Screenprinting and Consulting Services

Offline ebscreen

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2014, 12:41:25 PM »
Pull from a water tank that bypasses back into tank, you can run al day in bypass.

Now we're cooking with gas.

We're looking at every way to save water at the moment...

Offline tonypep

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2014, 12:41:35 PM »
And of course there are some PWs that shut only engage the pump when you pull the trigger ie auto shut off.

Offline screenxpress

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2014, 09:25:44 PM »
I have an electric one from Sears and it's 'on demand'.  Water on, switch on and only kicks in when you pull the trigger.  I thought all the electric ones worked like that.
Anything important is never left to the vote of the people. We only get to vote on some man; we never get to vote on what he is to do.  Will Rogers

Offline Inkworks

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
  • Pad&Screenprinter
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2014, 09:33:57 PM »
That's what our pressure washer does, but we still shut off power and water when not in use.
Wishin' I was Fishin'

Offline Evo

• Anything is possible.
« Reply #23 on: February 13, 2014, 03:35:39 AM »
And of course there are some PWs that shut only engage the pump when you pull the trigger ie auto shut off.

The AR unit I posted above does that. TSS is what they call it.

I turn it on once in the morning and off when I leave.

Auto trigger activated, adjustable output pressure, rebuild-able oil lubricated pump, relatively quiet and plenty of "umph". Kinda the perfect unit.
There is scarcely anything in the world that some man cannot make a little worse, and sell a little more cheaply. The person who buys on price alone is this man's lawful prey.
John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Offline TCT

• !!!
  • Gonzo Member
« Reply #24 on: February 13, 2014, 08:03:59 AM »
OK originally this was going to be a smart ass reply, but the more I thought about it it may work- The Clapper!  Plug it into the clapper, clap it on and off. Not sure if there would be too much interference noise with washing the screens, but it is so crazy it just may work!
Alex

Hopefully I'll never have to grow up and get a real job...

www.twincitytees.com

Offline 3Deep

• !!!
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #25 on: February 13, 2014, 12:26:38 PM »
Our old washer was auto on and off, so I would turn it on and walk off come back and use it, until I heard a boom out back, thing came on by itself and was spraying water everywhere, never worked again once I unplugged it.

Darryl
Life is like Kool-Aid, gotta add sugar/hardwork to make it sweet!!