Author Topic: Some general art help!  (Read 3181 times)

Offline sportsshoppe

• !!!
  • A way of life.
Re: Some general art help!
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2011, 08:02:06 AM »
One Stroke ink...PFP no base
Get the ink that requires no base. I just got some of thier Hybrid white and it cost a little more but it is sweet. You know the problems with finding a good all around white :( Like ya'll I have tried them all. By the way I have 2 gall. of Xenon white I got from Sonny I can sell to anyone at a good price if ya interested.

Offline mk162

• Ludicrous Speed Member
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2011, 09:17:53 AM »
I didn't care for the hybrid white at all.  It has blowing agent in it.  I HATE that they do that.  If I wanted it, I would add it myself.  I effing hate blowing agent in my ink.

Offline Printhouse

« Reply #17 on: August 18, 2011, 09:46:09 AM »
I will post up soe of the results when I get to the shop today.  Thanks to Dan and Dennis I was able to get some samples out on the short norice dealine I had.  As you will see....  when I did just the lime green on the black it was just not covering they way I would have liked.  I tried a white underfbase but it muddied up the design a little.  Now white ink on the black tees and lime ink on white tees turned out perfect.  The client wants to redo the art a little from scratch so I should be able to use corel and redo the fades pretty easily.  I really have to learn photoshop and illustrator a little better... 

Offline Denis Kolar

• Gonzo Member
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2011, 10:05:28 AM »
I will post up soe of the results when I get to the shop today.  Thanks to Dan and Dennis I was able to get some samples out on the short norice dealine I had.  As you will see....  when I did just the lime green on the black it was just not covering they way I would have liked.  I tried a white underfbase but it muddied up the design a little.  Now white ink on the black tees and lime ink on white tees turned out perfect.  The client wants to redo the art a little from scratch so I should be able to use corel and redo the fades pretty easily.  I really have to learn photoshop and illustrator a little better... 

You are welcome.

I have to stop by one day too :)  I'll give you a call as soon as it slows down

Offline Dottonedan

• Administrator
  • Ludicrous Speed Member
  • Email me at art@designsbydottone.com
« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2011, 10:39:33 AM »
I tried a white under base but it muddied up the design a little.

That sounds odd.  A white under base would do everything (except muddy it up).  As George Carlin once said, "Something has gone a foul inside of the tomato, it just doesn't look right".
Artist & Sim Process separator, Co owner of The Shirt Board, Past M&R Digital tech installer for I-Image machines. Over 28 yrs in the apparel industry. Apparel sales, http://www.designsbydottone.com  e-mail art@designsbydottone.com 615-821-7850

Offline Chadwick

« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2011, 07:21:16 PM »
I would normally agree 100% Dan, but I've used some flouro inks that pretty much suck.
They just don't play well with others, heh.
Likely the low mesh I'm driving them, and the base, through.